Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The thing about the Goff comments is

May 25, 2018 11:36AM
zn
Speed_Kills
Last year this time in OTAs - we did not hear these kinds of things about Goff. When either McVay or for that matter McVay talked about Goff they were very cautious offered little praise at all. No one was talking about Goff throwing dimes and being in command.

It’s just interesting the difference is night and day. Let’s see how it translates to training camp, preseason and big games as you mentioned

I’m excited to see it

Actually last summer included the mini-controversy about Goff throwing INTs in practices. That wasn't at this stage, it was late training camp. It led to a lot of doubts on the part of some.

I remember that. Lots of folks getting their panties bunched up over that. I'm thinking that it'd be best that they ignore the camp reports coming up because I think that Goff will be throwing even more picks. But not necessarily because he's having a poor day.

With his growing familiarity/confidence level with the offense (and reports that Cooks attacks his craft like Woody and Kupp), I wouldn't be surprised if Goff attempts to push the envelope in training camp to test his limits. Kind of like a good pitcher trying out some new stuff during spring training. One modified delivery might be incorporated into his repertoire for the season, while another results in batters going yard. But it doesn't mean the pitcher can't pitch and even the mistakes (in the Spring) can provide valuable feedback. If Goff can't make a throw or Kupp can't run a particular route with precision, Talib and Peters will provide the offense with feedback in their own special way.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After First Week of OTAs, Cooks' Presence is Already Being Felt

RamBill613May 24, 2018 05:48PM

Re: After First Week of OTAs, Cooks' Presence is Already Being Felt

Rams43219May 24, 2018 06:10PM

I like this stuff but I can't get excited over it

zn263May 24, 2018 06:29PM

Speed_Kills264May 24, 2018 10:24PM

zn226May 25, 2018 04:54AM