Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My crystal ball has revealed the Ram future for some top players...

May 24, 2018 03:24PM
AD (and his pos agent) will come to their senses and sign a lucrative 5 year contract extension through 2023. It will be in the neighborhood of $110 million for the last 5 years with heavy guarantees of, say, $70 million+. All of Ramdom will rejoice for a few months before we start to fret about the futures of Gurley and then Goff. These extensions are gonna be an annual cause for concern for years, I’m afraid. The result of building a loaded roster via draft, FA, and Trade. (The good news is that our FO and coaching staff now appear to have the talent to maintain or even rebuild a loaded roster, if necessary).

Joyner must accept a reasonable extension offer or he’ll be a goner in ‘19. Somewhere in the $8 million range? Snead will need to save some cap dollars and has demonstrated great ability to find outstanding secondary players. I don’t expect to see Joyner buy a new house in LA just yet.

Brandin Cooks is gonna be extended before opening day. Won’t be cheap, either. He’ll probably get Watkins type money, but he’ll be worth it. He and Goff will be a feared duo for the next 6 years. Their chemistry is already on display in OTA’s and McVay loves them both. The Cooks extension is my “bank it”.

Suh is a one year rental, I think. Not that I don’t expect a helluva year from him, because I do. But the cap ceiling dictates that the Rams simply can’t keep everyone and there are other long term players that must be provided for just around the corner so he becomes a cap casualty. Let’s enjoy Suh while we can. I think it’s gonna be a helluva ride, frankly.

I suspect that the Rams may have already made some future cap saving OL moves via this last draft. It’s conceivable that the future starting replacements for Whit, Saffold, and Sully may now be on the roster. Yeah, that’s quite a statement, but Kromer is quite an OL coach and he had a big influence in the selections of Noteboom, Allen, and Demby. If I’m right, heck, even if they get 2 future OL starters from this draft, then that’s a coup, IMO. We could reasonably extend Hav and JB and be set with a young and relatively inexpensive OL for 4 more years while having tons of money for the many skill position players whose contracts are coming up.

No need to comment on Peters and Talib, is there, since both will be here through ‘19. I will predict that MP will get a 5 year extension by sometime in ‘19. He’ll be a Ram through ‘23. A wealthy one, at that.

Looking down the road...

Goff will be extended in due time and for whatever amount it takes. Franchise QB’s are retained, no matter what dollars or players it may cost.

Gurley? I dunno. The Rams would love to keep him, of course, but that cap might force a parting of the ways. I’ll be torn on this decision, no matter which way they go. But it IS a business, after all, and, as such, sometimes excruciating decisions become necessary.

So, how did my crystal ball do? Should I take it to Vegas or should I put in some new batteries? Lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2018 03:30PM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My crystal ball has revealed the Ram future for some top players...

Rams43597May 24, 2018 03:24PM

Re: My crystal ball has revealed the Ram future for some top players...

3030237May 26, 2018 03:46PM

that's not correct though

zn210May 26, 2018 03:55PM

agreed nm

ferragamo79149May 26, 2018 05:39PM

Rampage2K-154May 26, 2018 07:52PM

Rams43133May 27, 2018 09:51AM