May 15, 2018 12:33PM
Alden Gonzalez@Alden_Gonzalez

Obo Okoronkwo (Oklahoma) was selected in the fifth round by the Rams with the hope that he could eventually replace Robert Quinn. The guy he modeled himself after? Robert Quinn. "When I first started playing, one of my coaches in high school said that eventually this is what you can do. I started playing nose guard and 3-technique originally, but he told me, ‘When you finally get it, when the light comes on, this is the type of player you're going to be.' That's what he showed me. So I never forgot about Robert Quinn."

Rich Hammond@Rich_Hammond

Rams rookie linebacker Obo Okoronkwo started playing football in high school. One of the first video cut-ups he studied was of Rams linebacker Robert Quinn, the player he might now replace in the NFL.

Rams rookie LB Obo Okoronkwo recalled the first of his two matchups (with Oklahoma in 2016) against TCU offensive lineman Joe Noteboom...a game-clinching play: "I sacked Kenny Hill and we won the game and went home. His story might be a little sadder." (Obo laughed)

Joe Curley@vcsjoecurley

Sean McVay on former USC WR Steven Mitchell, who the Rams have signed as a UDFA: "Anytime you’re looking at a receiver, you want to see guys that have the ability to separate, aggressive hands attacking the football.

"He’s a guy that does have some of those traits and those characteristics that you’re looking for, that we feel like will translate. I’m interested to see what he does, as far as ‘Is he an X? Is he a Z? Does he have the ability to play in the slot.’ He’s a guy we are excited abt"

Myles Simmons@MylesASimmons

Just heard from #LARams rookie OLB Obo Okoronkwo, who said when he was beginning to play football in high school, one of the first players his coach showed him to model his game after was former Ram Robert Quinn.

Okoronkwo said he continued to watch cut ups of Quinn’s game in college in order to help out his own game. Okoronkwo also mentioned Vonn Miller, Justin Houston, and Dwight Freeney as players he’s studied to model his game after.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tweets from Rams Training Center

RamBill854May 15, 2018 11:38AM

Re: Tweets from Rams Training Center

SoCalRAMatic281May 15, 2018 11:53AM

Re: Tweets from Rams Training Center

oldschoolramfan252May 15, 2018 12:10PM

More Tweets

RamBill367May 15, 2018 12:33PM

Tweets on RB's and QB Luis Perez

RamBill335May 15, 2018 01:14PM

More Tweets/Pics

RamBill311May 15, 2018 01:40PM

Re: We finally have a "crowded" backfield.

oldschoolramfan181May 16, 2018 05:06AM