Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not ready to make a Ram W/L prediction, just yet...

May 12, 2018 06:34PM
But I will predict the Rams as division winners.

Here’s my take...

I reeeeeally like this team as it’s currently constituted, although a few outside FA tweaks will still likely be brought in.

I mean, everything is so balanced from coaching, to FO, to the O, the D, the ST. That’s pretty rare altitude, y’all.

If I HAD to pick a weakness it would be to call the upcoming LB corps unproven and the TE corps underachieving thus far. Even there we know that Wade is all over his LB corps development and McVay understands TE development and deployment like few others. And those are our “weaknesses”? Wow!

I really think that all 3 units could be Top 5. Each unit’s stellar play will only make the effectiveness of the other 2 all that much more potent. For example, the D giving the O more possessions resulting from turnovers. The O playing keep away from opposing D while scoring lots of points, giving our D ample rest and a nice lead so that they can release the hounds. Our ST flipping field position. Call it the synergy factor if you want, but the results could be devastating for our opponents.

I’m hard pressed to recall such a similarly balanced Ram team. Certainly since two of the GSOT teams. And the great Ram teams of the 70’s and 80’s lacked this team’s O status, IMO.

In short, I do feel that S&M kinda “finished” this overall team this offseason. They just have so many elite and near-elite players on the roster now.

But it’s also true that the Eagles and Vikings have assembled formidable rosters and are also well coached. Plus the Saints are only a tick behind maybe a little bit because of Brees’ advancing age.

The NFC will be a tremendous knock down drag out fight all through the playoffs, no doubt.

I will say this, and without any fear. NOBODY will want to see the Rams on their schedule this year. Not regular season, not playoffs. Period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 06:36PM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not ready to make a Ram W/L prediction, just yet...

Rams43293May 12, 2018 06:34PM

Re: Not ready to make a Ram W/L prediction, just yet...

den-the-coach118May 13, 2018 04:29AM