Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Still musing about wistful offseason changes

March 17, 2018 07:00AM
In typical reckless/wistful fashion, there are a few moves I'd like to see the Rams make (I alluded to some earlier this week, and they keep nagging me, haha. Hoping this post finally gets it out if my system, haha):

[] Sign Suh (I'm thinking he will be much more affordable on this contract than the last one)
[] Trade back for Robert Quinn (I think sacks are rare and Quinn seemed like he had finally gotten back to his typical form...I'm not sure either team considered this a huge move when they did it. Miami may regret some of their cap management right about now and I think the Rams were blinded by a 'Must Sign Donald' approach...fascinatingly, Miami's release of Suh is a reminder that premier DTs are not necessarily indispensable)
[] Trade Aaron Donald (I imagine we'd get more than a first for him at this point, and I just don't think the alternative of paying him 25-30 a year is good for the team long-term)
[]Contemplate trading/restructuring/releasing Barron to save cap space (I could be wrong on my evaluation of Barron, but I feel like the Rams may be overrating him a bit. Hope I'm wrong.)
[] Fill in any remaining holes with discount FAs to preserve cap flexibility going into next year. (e.g. Terrelle Pryor, Eric Reid, Navorro Bowman, Jeremy Maclin, Jonathan Cooper, Alex Boone, etc. Admittedly not a surefire list, but I'm really just including this bullet as an acknowledgement that a lot of the X-factor type moves that push playoff teams over the top come from the unglamorous pickups...Personally, I think the Rams should try to increase depth in their OL, but I know that's easier said than done)

Think Freely, Live Well, Be Kind
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Still musing about wistful offseason changes

shepherd18530March 17, 2018 07:00AM

Re: Still musing about wistful offseason changes

idaram241March 17, 2018 08:24AM

Re: Not funny if we can't get him signed or have to

BumRap212March 17, 2018 11:15PM

Re: Quinn

BumRap232March 17, 2018 11:24PM

Re: Quinn

B64 Rams 72198March 18, 2018 08:55AM