Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You're in Ca, right RockRam?

March 11, 2018 07:40AM
I can't speak for the "national" media attention and 'worship' of the Niners but locally this holds true.... I have never seen any fans + their media pundits so convinced that a team is going to Vie for the SB as the Niner base is currently exhibiting. And for those who may think I'm paying too much attention to the Niners - it's NOT that....

Where I live, as those who live near me.... say all of Ca. north of Bakersfield, can attest: The media, local media, are Niners 24/7... you cannot avoid it except by not listening to sports radio/TV at all.

It's really quite amazing... and yeah, in my opinion Jimmy G. started it... but on his shoulders every single thing the Niners do now is praised as sealing the SB Victory for the niners.

Jimmy G's status is otherworldly, no other way to say it. Fans and media are beyond any "ifs" whatsoever... it's done. He's the answer and beyond.

As for the bleed-over to the National media, whatever that is... I can't say because I don't really follow it well, it's probably because they are simply picking up on what 'local' sports news are saying... repeating it.

As for me.. Jimmy G. and the Niners have a tough climb ahead of them, IMHO... and 'nothing' is proven. I haven't seen anything, like many others on this board, that tells me Jimmy G. and the rest of this off season moves by the niners are NOT indications of great improvement.... I think they are, but I stop there... they are 'indications' and nothing more. Also - with the near fanaticism of the Niner Media and Fans who flew right by 'hope' into unquestioning assurance that the Niners are now the best team in the NFL the 'fall', should it come... or rather.... the failure to rise, could be the biggest crash in the NFL history. And wouldn't that be sweet? laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Talib blocked trade to 49ers before deal with Rams...

Rams43753March 11, 2018 06:31AM

Nope. No win-win. Sherman is damaged goods.

RockRam215March 11, 2018 07:12AM

You're in Ca, right RockRam?

JamesJM236March 11, 2018 07:40AM

I live and Northern California

ferragamo79182March 11, 2018 08:50AM

Actually in Florida with close ties to SoCal

RockRam211March 11, 2018 08:51AM

Again, not true

Blue and Gold165March 11, 2018 10:53AM

Re: Report: Talib blocked trade to 49ers before deal with Rams...

Ramsdude279March 11, 2018 07:18AM

Re: Report: Talib blocked trade to 49ers before deal with Rams...

JustaFan119March 11, 2018 01:52PM

This was all about Phillips.

RockRam172March 11, 2018 08:52AM

Son of Bum key, but much more appeal than that...

Suh-weet!133March 11, 2018 02:01PM

Been a while since you've read something like that

IowaRam125March 11, 2018 02:11PM