Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Should have tagged Watkins

March 07, 2018 12:14PM
droopy
I still can't believe the Rams tagged Joyner. Watkins is one of the best receivers in football. To all of those who want to look at last year's stats he led the Rams receivers with 8 TDs. Instead the Rams tag a player who has done absolutely nothing until last year. I do remember on Hard Knox Joyner getting upset and walking off. I've noticed some posts about Watkins signing with San Francisco as being their worst nightmare. Maybe he'll sign with New England and team up with Danny Amendola. Wonder if anyone would even care if Joyner signed with SF? I'm at the point now where I care more about my fantasy team than the Rams. I'm so disgusted with this move. You don't tag a safety (unless he's Ronnie Lott) over one of the best receivers in the NFL. Even Jeff Fisher would have tagged Sammy. Good luck Rams with Josh Reynolds.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I remember last year after the draft when we didn't draft any offensive linemen. You were posting doom and gloom over and over again because we didn't draft OL. You were ready to give up on the Rams. So how did the season turn out? Pretty damn good if you ask me, especially coming off of a dreadful 4-12 season.

The point to bringing this up is, maybe, just maybe, the Rams front office has a clue as to what they are doing. Are they infallible? Of course not. They're human beings after all and we all know us humans make mistakes.

Don't get me wrong. I want Sammy back wearing Horns too. I'm just not going to put him into some elevated category that to date he hasn't proven to belong in. He's a very good receiver and I think he makes the Rams better and I believe the Rams know this. The question is, how valuable does Sammy think he is versus how valuable the Rams thinks he is?

I'm in the "they tagged the right guy" camp. It is yet to be determined whether this is a mistake or not.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Should have tagged Watkins

droopy371March 07, 2018 10:19AM

One of the best based on what?

RockRam201March 07, 2018 10:24AM

Re: One of the best based on what?

SoCalRAMatic144March 07, 2018 10:40AM

Re: One of the best based on what?

Blue and Gold101March 07, 2018 03:40PM

I hear ya, the only reason I am not jumping off the boat yet is..

Los Angeles Lenny150March 07, 2018 10:28AM

surprised a fantasy player....

Rampage2K-140March 07, 2018 10:32AM

RamsFanSinceLA122March 07, 2018 12:14PM

Rams43149March 07, 2018 12:17PM

RamsFanSinceLA182March 07, 2018 12:38PM

Hey RamFanSinceLA

droopy135March 07, 2018 03:38PM

Re: Hey RamFanSinceLA