Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm not so sure about Barron & Quinn....

February 18, 2018 07:02AM
SunTzu_vs_Camus
cuz, if they draft a young NT that is a space eater...THAT alone helps the LBs stay clean, the Rams do better on 1st & 2nd down..
while keeping the pash rush skills of Quinn and Donald combo and speed/coverage skills of Barron on the field. Adding a cheap talent thru the draft or a 1yr FA NT that excels at clogging the middle....and the result is exponential. imo

I think they really(Quinn & Barron) came on late in the year and they were playing new positions and are already signed. Why create holes where we have to sign new FAs to fill those holes? Plus Barron/Quinn already have 1 yr in Wade's system and have chemistry with the defense. I think they are good bargains and will shine next year. We just got gashed up the middle and are a bit mad at it...so? we draft a NT in later rounds(TimSettle?, etc) and keep our LBs clean.
Our DEs are Brockers and Donald...I hope Easley is re-signed for a decent price as I thought he'd be great as a 2nd string sub for Donald.

Anyway, I DO believe TRU is a goner & TA will get cut even tho it saves only 3m(5m cap hit) just cuz he doesn't get used much. I think the Rams draft multiple CBs, interior OL, and edge rushers...maybe a safety in late rounds.

Different opinions are a good thing, Sun. That’s why they make 31 flavors. Lol.

We differ on Barron and Quinn, clearly. I don’t think either are “good bargains” anymore. Quinn is now but a shadow of his former self, yet is being paid as if he were still elite. Barron is an oft injured misfit as an ILB yet is pulling down big bucks. Our combined LB salaries are off the charts. Almost as if we had 3 Ray Lewis in his prime caliber players. Something’s gotta give.

A new NT might help our run D and I hope one falls to us. But our run D problems go beyond the DL, frankly.

Sounds like we agree on everything else.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Key to the Rams draft? FA signings.

RockRam577February 17, 2018 04:28AM

Re: Key to the Rams draft? FA signings.

Rams43203February 17, 2018 08:30AM

I'm not so sure about Barron & Quinn....

SunTzu_vs_Camus197February 18, 2018 05:45AM

Re: I'm not so sure about Barron & Quinn....

Rams43200February 18, 2018 07:02AM

Wade has been around for a while

zn160February 18, 2018 07:28AM

agreed, zn...we'll see how it plays out

SunTzu_vs_Camus125February 19, 2018 07:34AM