Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

January 16, 2018 07:55AM
No doubt the Rams have not only plan A, but B and C as well, regarding every UFA they have. That's basically Snead's job.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it works out for every UFA they have. These players have options and as we saw a couple of years ago with McCleod, a team comes along and offers something you never imagined for that player and there's nothing you can do. Plan C, then, probably borders on "oh Crap".

Rams are going to lose some of their guys. It may not be the UFA's they lose but some other guys whose pay doesn't match their production. This is why it is not imaginable to me that Quinn stays considering he represents a nearly $12 cap savings for not big production. Huge. Not so much with Austin......but still, a $3 mil savings is nothing to sneeze at. And Barron as well, who would represent a $7 mil cap savings.

But the good news is that there is not much reason to lose anybody they really want to keep unless a) that player wants out, or b) some other team offers crazy money far above what the Rams see as feasable. The guy who I think is most likely to get the crazy money offer is TruJ. Second in line: Watkins. Third: Joyner.
These are all skill position guys who are young and experienced and that makes them attractive for a team. So I can't imagine that at least one of these won't get an offer that the Rams simply decide would be foolish to match.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Robey-Coleman Eager to Continue Building with Rams

RamBill741January 15, 2018 06:02PM

Joyner + Robey-Coleman > T. Johnson

LMU93224January 16, 2018 03:00AM

Re: Joyner + Robey-Coleman > T. Johnson

Rams43223January 16, 2018 06:35AM

Re: Rams better have a plan b for the loss of TJ

Speed_Kills213January 16, 2018 06:49AM

Re: Rams better have a plan b for the loss of TJ

Headslap75255January 16, 2018 07:14AM

Re: Free agent market...