January 13, 2018 08:54AM
Here’s BonifayRam...

OK :coffee: now that I have picked up the pieces of my one working brain cell this is how I would respond to my excellent wise Ram fan question to me ....So, what's the plan?...of course subject to change @ any given time.winking smiley

Its very difficult to nail down just what the Ram Org will do but if I had to offer up some of my thoughts & suggestions this is what I would plan:

Prior to March Free Agency:
#1)- Starting NOW! before March Free Agency- {A.} Sigh LG/LT Rodger Saffold to an 3 yr extension contract. This prevents the OL Train-wreck coming next yr at this time when Rams will be dealing with 3 starting UFA OL's without contracts FA'cy Saffold's extension great insurance in preparing for LT Andrew Whitworth retirement or injury. Buys time to groom a new future starting LT prospect. {B.} Increase discussions on lg. term contract on DT Aaron Donald in order to have a clear concise understanding of what the Cap ramifications will be with AD under contract before FA'cy begins.

March 14th 2018 UFA'cy

#2)-Let Sammy Watkins, Trumaine Johnson, Conner Barwin & Dom Easley enter Free Agency "to test the rich wealthy waters of UFA'cy" with a clear understanding Rams are open to them returning to warm sunny weather of LA @ a fair market contracts some point later after the first two weeks of FA'cy. At the same time plan to replace or move on without them.

#3)-Top Ram Org. UFA objectives- FS/CB Lamarcus Joyner $$$, Nickle Back Nickell Robey-Coleman $$ OC John Sullivan $. Then the 2nd tier UFA's- FS Cody Davis, LS Jake McQuaide, NT Tyrunn Walker.

#4)-Tender & secure 2nd rd offers to RFA's CB Troy Hill , RB Malcolm Brown, OLB Matt Longacre & LT Darrell Williams.

#5)- Move on Non Ram UFA Signings : {A.} UFA starting Interior OL'er examples ...Spencer Long or Justin Pugh. {B.} Inside SS LB'er like Todd Davis, Mychal Kendricks or Mason Foster. (This has impact on Mark Barron future).

Late April 2018 Draft

#6)- Plan {A.} Make it known Tavon Austin, Rob Quinn & Mark Barron are available for trade. Trade for players/ additional dratt selections or utilized as value added in move up the draft board spots to secure the desired prospects ahead of our assigned slots

#7)- If there are no takers then cut them before June 1st to greatly beef up the drained salary cap $$$ funds.

#8)- Continue to plan the Rams Draft to select the BPA in units that are in need of upgrading/improvement: Outside CB's, Edge Rushers/ OLB'ers, a NT & a Interior LB'er prospect. That's six of the eight 2018 Rams draft selections.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A thoughtful offseason strategy post by BonifayRam...

Rams43421January 13, 2018 08:54AM

Re: A thoughtful offseason strategy post by BonifayRam...

no name132January 13, 2018 11:16AM