Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Also!.........

December 23, 2017 07:10AM
Also!....

STILL STRONG

The Rams-Titans game features a matchup of two defensive coaching titans. Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips started his NFL career in 1976 as defensive line coach for the Houston Oilers, who later relocated and became the Titans.

Tennessee defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, who turned 80 in September, first joined the NFL in 1973 as a special-teams coach in Philadelphia.

Phillips, who turned 70 in June, was asked if he anticipated remaining in coaching for another decade.

“We’ll see,” Phillips said. “I’m almost there, so I’m not too far behind him. As long as you have a passion and you can contribute and that’s what you like doing. I’m lucky to be where I am. I enjoy what I’m doing, I love what I’m doing. I love working with the players that I have. Those things in life – if that’s what your work is, is pretty gratifying.”

Truth is: Dick LeBeau

NFL

He was initially drafted in the fifth round in 1959 by the Cleveland Browns but was cut in training camp. A few months later, he was signed by the Detroit Lions. He played 14 seasons in Detroit and was teamed with Hall of Famers Dick "Night Train" Lane, Yale Lary, and Lem Barney as part of a Detroit secondary that was one of the most feared in the NFL. Johnny Unitas always had respect for him, stating, "Dick is a good corner. I am just glad Night Train Lane is gone."

LeBeau is widely considered to be one of the greatest defensive backs in Lions history. He recorded 62 interceptions for 762 yards and three touchdowns. His 62 interceptions are still a Lions franchise record, and he is tied for seventh all-time in NFL history. His 762 interception return yards ranks third all-time in team history.

LeBeau was also one of the most durable players in the league. In 14 years, he played 185 games – placing him fourth on Detroit's all-time list. He is third all-time for most seasons played (14) and previously held the NFL record for consecutive appearances by a cornerback with 171, which has since been broken by Ronde Barber. He also recovered nine fumbles, returning them for 53 yards and a touchdown.

During his career, he earned three trips to the Pro Bowl (1964–1966). In 1970, LeBeau established a career-high nine interceptions (tied for sixth on the team’s all-time single-season interceptions list). He was a major defensive contributor to the Lions finishing with a 10–4 record that season. The Lions finished second in the NFC Central and earned a berth in the playoffs.

In 2010, LeBeau was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame along with running back Floyd Little.

LeBeau was honored by the Lions and inducted into the Pride of the Lions in 2010.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams hope to top off season with NFC West championship hats

RamBill634December 22, 2017 06:37PM

Did not realize we are playing Jax this week?

Rampage2K-237December 22, 2017 06:42PM

Also!.........

Crazylegs245December 23, 2017 07:10AM

Rams Players on Would They Wear Their Title Hat?

RamBill236December 23, 2017 06:44AM

Re: Rams Players on Would They Wear Their Title Hat?

Ramsdude235December 23, 2017 07:09AM

Re: Rams Players on Would They Wear Their Title Hat?

Rampage2K-179December 23, 2017 10:19AM

I know one thing

IowaRam197December 23, 2017 07:23AM

Re: Longacre out for the Year???

leafnose271December 23, 2017 05:44PM

Yeah. Wow. I agree, that's a big loss.

Saguaro197December 23, 2017 08:09PM

I didn't get that from McVay's statements

stlramz210December 23, 2017 10:58PM