Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you like me now? Cooper Kupp

December 12, 2017 08:59PM
has had a nice run here of upper echelon plays

Cardinal game was nice, but Kupp showed some excellent route running, and darn it

I thought his play changed the entire game
Bust a tackle
Bust another tackle

Open in the endzone......wide open; ball nearly picked
Then a nifty piece the other side of the endzone for the TD

Was open early on the play where the strip sack happened. Goff takes the early gimme to Kupp on that play, and it might have.....well been different

But Cooper Kupp is an exceptional player, and kudos to the board draft niks that pointed the kid out early to us.

couple of quick thoughts
Josh Reynolds has to make the sticks on his catch. It's an epic mistake. While Tru got a lot of attention, and Long strip sack did, too? Look, Reynolds picks up a first down in that scenario? It's very likely it becomes the Todd Gurley show.

On the last possession, thought the coach ought to have used Tavon Austin. Don't have time to explain at length this late in the evening, but the run to D. Williams side that is blown up for a loss? There's some real use of Austin on the fake sweep, or just allowing him to take the ball there that has higher worth for plus yards.

McVay's timing on the use of some groupings is a bit upside down. Still can't ignore the success, but thought the prior drive on 3rd and 4 should have been the run to Todd. Instead, it's pretty nasty situ with an incomplete pass.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How do you like me now? Cooper Kupp

leafnose308December 12, 2017 08:59PM