Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I see it now...

November 12, 2017 06:02PM
I'm ready to say it. The last 7 games of last season had me wondering what the Rams could POSSIBLY have seen in Goff that made them give away the farm for the chance to draft him. He showed NO pocket awareness, no leadership ability, and could only seem to hit the checkdown, and not even that reliably. The majority of the time he seemed totally lost. Compared to Wentz (who I had wanted, and was sure they were going to take at #1) he had TOTAL BUST written all over him based on the 7 games he played last year....

And then came 2017, and Sean McVay...

And now I see it. The kid is totally unflappable. He learned a completely new (albeit similar to what he ran in college) offense in the short space of one offseason, and from all indications has mastered it. He's as calm and cool as they come no matter what's happening around him, and as far as pocket awareness... Well, its hard to show any when you have no pocket to begin with like last year. Give him some protection and we've seen what he can do. He doesn't throw the prettiest or most accurate passes but his throws are very catchable (again in contrast to last year, when you have receivers that can catch), and the 2 long TD passes in the last two games were things of beauty. Yes, by the numbers Wentz is the better player RIGHT NOW, but there's little doubt in my mind that Goff will soon realize his full potential and prove to be the (far) superior QB. Snisher made a lot of mistakes during their tenure together but clearly Goff was not one of them. I don't know how far this RAMS team will go this year, but I do know this... RAMS FOOTBALL IS FUN AGAIN!!!! clap smiley clap smiley clap smiley

BRING ON THE VIKES!! GO HORNS!!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I see it now...

Ramfaithful452November 12, 2017 06:02PM

Re: I see it now...

Barf33228November 12, 2017 06:05PM

Keenum is even more proof

stlrams13208November 12, 2017 06:10PM