Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What McVay needs to change for us to go 10-6+ and win Sunday

October 20, 2017 08:46AM
This offense is a little bit of a touchdown check down offense. ”

- Cardinals’ DC James Bettcher

Them's fightin' words....though, really, I think he is right....he righted his quote a bit, but he meant that.

For us to go 10-6, we have to hit the 18-40 yard passes.....the Jags game is not going to get us past 7-9 or 8-8. McVay knows this, and I expect he will change this through the Watkins-train! I don't expect the Rams to win this game, unless the big plays return. We have the better team, and maybe the better reoster. The big change is AZ's O line play...LG and LT look very good,now. Boone is better than Iupati as a pass blocker, too.

Teams like the Giants, Cardinals, Chargers and Raiders have talent and can still do it (as seen by the Raiders victory last night).

We are playing a 7-9 to 9-7 team (if Palmer remains healthy)....you don't win those games in the division very easily when you are somewhat even....we are really only playing at 8-8 to 9-7 level ourselves.

I expect a loss, unless we have 3-4 'big' pass plays....which will open some things up for Gurely. Solly cholly....I take AZ and the points and maybe even on the money line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full quote for you detailed ones:
On what he has seen from the Rams offense this season:

“With this offense I think overall, you have some big play receivers on the outside, you have a quarterback that has really spread the ball around, with Todd Gurley in particular you have a guy that’s caught some balls in the backfield. This offense is a little bit of a touchdown check down offense. They are going to try to hurt you deep, hit you vertical early in the game and if it’s not there, he’s doing a great job of checking the ball down.”

“I think they look very different, I think they do some of the same things, but they are very sharp, very clear with where he wants to go with the ball.”

- Cardinals’ DC James Bettcher

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 08:49AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What McVay needs to change for us to go 10-6+ and win Sunday

Steve656October 20, 2017 08:46AM

Re: What McVay needs to change for us to go 10-6+ and win Sunday

Rams43307October 20, 2017 09:06AM

bigjimram21223October 20, 2017 10:12AM

Steve187October 20, 2017 10:56AM

BeachBoy194October 20, 2017 06:08PM