Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COACH MCVAY !!!!

October 16, 2017 09:40AM

That's me in the yellow cap and my brother between me and the coach!!

Yes he's but 32 years old, however, he has a presence about himself. I'm not the star-struck type, so I don't mean it in that way. Just a confidence about how he carries himself in a pretty unassuming way. He wasn't to big to walk over and say hello and he even smiled for the picture. I'm almost 20 years older than him and I'm damn impressed. Firm handshake, looked right in the eye...I'm kind of old fashioned, that still means something to me FWIW. Just told him it was a pleasure to meet him and we're really happy to have him as our coach. To which he replied, "thanks, and thanks for coming out." My brother says what a great win and he just gets wide-eyed and says, "Great to be 4-2, special teams really bailed us out today, we've got to make plays on offense." We wished him luck in London and he says thanks and mentions how it's a big one because it's a division game. I told him we'd see him in New York at 5-2, he said thanks (again!) and we all said Goodnight.

I've been rooting for this team for team my whole life and I've got to say...and I know it's early...but I've got a feeling about this kid, er...Coach. He's got a plan and he's a leader. He was the last guy out of the stadium and one of the only one's in a suit and tie. Again, color me old fashioned, but that means something to me. Especially since he's so young. If any of you guys have had the opportunity to meet him, I'm sure you get what I'm saying. In addition to the on-field results, I'm feeling positive about this teams future overall. And boy has that been a LONG time coming.

Here's the backstory to how this meeting happened: My brother and I live in NYC and we pick an away game each year to attend. Our nephew is a Jaguars fan (don't ask) and given the proximity to TPC Sawgrass (you golfers understand), this trip was a no brainer. My nephew likes to try and meet players and get autographs, so he wanted to stake out the Jaguars player entrance after the game. So my brother and I figured we'd mill around by the Rams buses. There were actually a few hundred people outside the barricades. Quite a few family groups. I chatted with Mrs. 'Tree and Mrs. Quinn a bit, and Havenstein's Aunt and Uncle (you forget how these are pretty normal everyday people) as players were coming out. Some players interacting with fans, some just milling outside the buses with family and some with heads down getting right on the bus. There were five buses and it seemed that as a bus was full, they would move the barricades and that bus would leave. After all but one bus was gone, everyone but my brother and I and a young couple had left. It seemed like we had seen most of the team and there were no players left. In fact, they took down the barricades. As we were getting ready to leave, I told my brother that I bet they're still waiting for McVay, let's give it 5 minutes. The woman next to me heard that and told her husband they were waiting too (she had a big framed picture that she was getting autographed.) I have to say she was excited. Low and behold, we look down the stadium ramp the there's the coach. Security put up a few more barricades between us and the bus, but that hardly mattered because as soon as he started walking up the ramp towards the bus, this woman started applauding and yelling for the coach. He could have walked around the other side of this container and gotten on the bus without interacting with us, but he walked right over, shook her hand and signed an autograph. Luckily, as McVay was signing that autograph, this woman security guard inside the barricade tells my brother to give her his phone and she'll snap a picture. So my brother politely asked for a picture, and he said "Sure thing" without hesitation. Like I said, he's a good dude. We're in good hands!

GO RAMS!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

COACH MCVAY !!!! Attachments

Youngblood_HOF1195October 16, 2017 09:40AM

Awesome! nm

RAMbler290October 16, 2017 09:41AM

Re: Awesome! nm

stlrams13266October 16, 2017 09:48AM

Re: Awesome! nm

Youngblood_HOF391October 16, 2017 10:05AM

Great story!!

RamsFanSince69296October 16, 2017 09:45AM

This is good to hear.

stlramz281October 16, 2017 09:47AM

Re: COACH MCVAY !!!!

Rampage2K-270October 16, 2017 09:48AM

Rams43253October 16, 2017 09:50AM

Youngblood_HOF263October 16, 2017 10:19AM

Crazylegs254October 16, 2017 09:52AM

HEY!! Were you guys at Buffalo Wild Wings last night, after the game??

Ramgator312October 16, 2017 09:58AM

Re: HEY!! Were you guys at Buffalo Wild Wings last night, after the game??

Youngblood_HOF319October 16, 2017 10:08AM

Ha! I saw you there!

Ramgator482October 16, 2017 02:37PM

Re: Ha! I saw you there!

Youngblood_HOF209October 17, 2017 08:22AM

oldschoolramfan271October 16, 2017 12:04PM

That's a Keeper..

JamesJM304October 16, 2017 12:46PM

Just a terrific story.

Old Goat215October 16, 2017 02:27PM

Re: THIS is why I said