Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A slight concern

October 02, 2017 10:59AM
The Niners have scored 3, 12, and 19 then 39 against us.

The Cowboys scored 19, 17, and 28 then 30 against us.

The Colts are a different story and the Redskins scored the same against us as they did the Raiders and we will see what they do tonight.

I believe we are a good team, but to really make a run we need to get the points against down. We cannot be giving away the most points a team has gotten all season every week, that is unsustainable. I am hoping that the defense will keep improving as they learn and adjust to the new system. Also Donald is probably still playing into full football shape, but it does not fare well that the best defensive outing was week one with Donald and with even less knowledge of the system.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the defense already and this is nothing new, I just think if we keep letting opponents score 30 or more points it becomes a real potential roadblock, however we get them down below that and we are easily a playoff team, get them below 20 a game and we could really surprise even ourselves.

Here is the real good news in all this. The niners scored more against us than the previous three games combined whereas the cowboys scored in the range of what they had been coring, so even though it is the most to date, it is only 2 more than the previous week, so in regards to measuring how our defense plays against offenses this is moving in the right direction. Then if you take the first half of the cowboys game compared to the second half and the improvement is evident. So as much as there is evidence that our defense is one of the worst in the league, there is also evidence that we are moving in the right direction.

Of course if you look at the Colts: 9 against us then 13, 31, 18 shows that either the Colts offense has improved, or our defense has regressed (and say whatever you want about Donald but I still would rather have him than not just waiting for him to figure out how to dominate in the new scheme as much as he is capable of)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A slight concern

headslapper561October 02, 2017 10:59AM

Re: A real concern

Rampage2K-245October 02, 2017 11:21AM

Saw some light of hope yesterday.

Ramgator208October 02, 2017 11:58AM

Re: Saw some light of hope yesterday....No doubt!!!

Rampage2K-188October 02, 2017 12:00PM

Re: A real concern

stlramz208October 02, 2017 01:55PM