Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No and I loved what they did with them last night..

September 22, 2017 08:09AM
Billy_T
Watching the game -- and a very enjoyable game it was -- was thinking the Rams finally have the makings of a seriously strong offense, especially at wideout, and that thought shocked me. Was also thinking if someone had some crow nearby, I'd have to get some, cook it, and eat it, cuz I was waaay too hasty regarding Robert Woods. He impressed me greatly with his play.

Even if the Rams were to trade TA, they're still plenty deep at wideout right now, with a true #1 in Sammy, a solid #2 in Woods, a budding star in the slot in Kupp, and another rookie I think will blossom in Reynolds. The Rams appear to be four deep at the receiver spot even without TA, and I no longer think they should worry about drafting there for upgrades.

TE looks solid as well. Carrier, the player they got from the Skins, is very athletic and was underused in DC. Everett looks to have major potential. And I still think Higbee can be a force. Hemingway, with his short, declarative, tough-guy sentences is sure to be strong contributor down the road as well. The Rams might have one too many Big Fish and will have to throw one back from the hull of the Pilar.

Gurley looks like his rookie self, and that obviously bodes well. And Goff? Getting better all the time, and he seems to have learned from the previous game. I didn't see him lock down on any receiver, and he showed a great deal of maturity in the pocket, sensing the rush and moving when it was necessary. About the only criticism I see right now about his game is likely fixable just by getting bigger and stronger. He could improve his arm strength and release the ball a tad bit faster. But for 23, his future looks so bright he needs shades, etc. etc.

So that leaves the O-line. While I think they played a heck of a lot better than the previous game, I do think that's the place for drafting upgrades. Whitworth turns 36 this season, so the Rams have to find his replacement, and finding a young center and another guard at least would be smart. With such a young core of high potential "skill players" already here, the next step in taking this offense into "elite" status, in my view, is that line. If it becomes top ten, the Rams O is going to be unstoppable.

Rather than trying to spread it out to everyone, they featured two receivers for the most part last night, but also looked for others occasionally. Next week they may feature a different duo. Just need a bunch of unselfish players that have to accept each week may or may not be their featured week. Team unity.

McVay doesn't even have Everett fully up to speed yet, but when he does, he will be getting a bunch more targets. Watkins, Kupp, Woods, Everett and Gurley out of the backfield is a nice bunch. I have to agree that Tavon is not a big enough piece of this offense to warrant what you are paying him. If the Rams could get a 3rd-4th for him I would trade him. Considering his salary, could they even get that is the question.

This is what I have wanted to see in the Rams for so many years and knew Fisher, his OC's and offensive coaches would have never been able to deliver it in a million years! McVay is that aggressive offensive minded head coach that doesn't want to stop scoring points and his play calling makes Schotty and Boras look like the conservative jokes that they were/are. I know the defense sucks right now but the offense alone and offensive coaching is such a breath of fresh air! I'll take it any day of the week over what 5 years of Jeff Fisher offered and before that with Spags.

“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.”

George Bernard Shaw

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 08:13AM by PaulButcher59.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do the Rams have too many good receivers now?

Billy_T627September 22, 2017 06:08AM

Re: Its a good problem to have Billy...

laram237September 22, 2017 06:14AM

Re: Its a good problem to have Billy...

Billy_T157September 22, 2017 07:39AM

The glass half empty component however

RamsDynasty203September 22, 2017 06:19AM

Re: The glass half empty component however

Billy_T168September 22, 2017 07:43AM

Re: Do the Rams have too many good receivers now?

RAMSINCE ARNETT247September 22, 2017 06:27AM

restocking the OL

LMU93234September 22, 2017 06:54AM

Re: restocking the OL

RAMSINCE ARNETT187September 22, 2017 07:07AM

I like that plan NM

Speed_Kills318September 22, 2017 07:08AM

Re: I see the need but...

dzrams165September 22, 2017 07:29AM

I think you can do both

LMU93165September 22, 2017 07:49AM

Re: restocking the OL

Billy_T190September 22, 2017 07:46AM

The Buffalo contection

IowaRam212September 22, 2017 07:24AM

I wonder what Bills fans were thinking watching that. nm.

Saguaro170September 22, 2017 07:39AM

Re: The Buffalo contection

Hollywood Ram154September 22, 2017 09:38AM

there is no such thing lol

Speed_Kills160September 22, 2017 08:01AM

Re: there is no such thing lol

Billy_T164September 22, 2017 08:19AM

Re: I'm almost there

Speed_Kills145September 22, 2017 11:01AM

Let's not forget about Mike Thomas

BigGame81173September 22, 2017 08:07AM

No and I loved what they did with them last night..

PaulButcher59383September 22, 2017 08:09AM

Re: No and I loved what they did with them last night..

Billy_T181September 22, 2017 08:22AM

Re: Do the Rams have too many good receivers now?

Classicalwit160September 22, 2017 11:33AM