Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday Wrap-Up: With Short Week, Rams Shift Focus to 49ers

September 18, 2017 06:26PM

Myles Simmons

Whether a game is won or lost, most players and coaches around the NFL talk about moving on from one game to the next fairly quickly. It’s a necessary thing to do when there are games every week.

But with Thursday Night Football, that process must go even faster than usual. As head coach Sean McVay put it following Sunday’s loss to Washington, “we don’t have much time to feel sorry for ourselves about this game.”

“I’m not going to speak for everybody after every game, but I think you should take at least one or two minutes to sit in your locker and think about it — well, that’s what I do — and put it behind you because the game is over,” outside linebacker Robert Quinn said. “I mean, yes, this week we have to transition faster onto a new opponent, but I guess the good thing is we’re sort of familiar with them. But at the end of the day, we still have a short week and have to get a whole lot of game planning in.”

With what Quinn was saying regarding reflection, there are some valuable takeaways from Sunday’s game, particularly offensively. Quarterback Jared Goff and running back Todd Gurley both pointed to how even after a slow start, the offense was able find a rhythm and tie the game in the fourth quarter.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill324September 18, 2017 06:26PM