Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay: Aaron Donald will Start vs. Washington

September 15, 2017 12:13PM

Myles Simmons

While there may have been some speculation early in the week on the subject, head coach Sean McVay made it official on Friday: defensive tackle Aaron Donald will start in Sunday’s game against Washington.

“He was doing everything he could while not being here to make sure that when this opportunity presented itself, he would be ready to go, and help his teammates out, and try to be a positive thing that helps us win football games,” McVay said. “And that’s certainly what he’s done this week. Looking forward to seeing him get out there and compete with his teammates on Sunday.”

Donald reported to the Rams on Saturday and passed his physical. The defensive tackle said earlier in the week that he felt like he was in good shape, but acknowledged the difference between training and practicing with pads.

“I worked out a lot,” Donald said on Wednesday. “I’m in great shape, but [there’s] a difference from running around and then having to be the football field. So, just going day-by-day here and just seeing how I feel as the week goes on.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill484September 15, 2017 12:13PM

Considering how promising we looked without him ...

alyoshamucci206September 15, 2017 01:55PM

Aaron Donald will start Sunday despite prolonged holdout

RamBill134September 16, 2017 05:35AM