Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practice Report: Goff, McVay Excited for What’s Ahead

August 23, 2017 06:49PM

Kristen Lago

The Rams wrapped up their first full-padded practice of the week on Wednesday afternoon at Cal Lutheran. On Saturday, the team will return to the Coliseum to face the Chargers in Week 3 of preseason action.

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM GOFF?

More of the same.

Goff has been steadily improving on field throughout the preseason, becoming a more vocal leader and a strong presence at the line of scrimmage. Over the two exhibition contests, he has completed 19-of-24 passes for 194 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions.

On Wednesday, McVay expressed his satisfaction with Goff’s progress thus far and said he will continue to look for steady improvement from the quarterback this weekend.

“I think you want to see consistency,” McVay said. “If you can string together good decisions, throw the ball with great timing, rhythm, and accuracy, that’s going to give you the chance to play the quarterback position at a high level [and] I thought he did a good job of that last week….I want to see the same type of thing this week moving onto an excellent defense with the Chargers.”

After leading the Rams to three scoring drives against the Raiders, Goff said he and the rest of the team have gained confidence moving forward. But the development of the offense as a whole, from last year to this year, has been anything but surprising for its starting quarterback.

“It wasn’t like it was shocking,” Goff said of the offensive production against the Raiders. “It’s something that we expected to do. We expected to play like that, we expect to play well and we expect to move the football.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill472August 23, 2017 06:49PM

Jared Goff working to build chemistry with new Rams receivers

RamBill201August 23, 2017 06:52PM

Goff hopes for a two-minute drill against the Chargers to complete the preseason

RamBill173August 23, 2017 07:04PM