Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Approach to the Aaron Donald situation.

August 15, 2017 03:42PM
Good front offices and reasonable players find a way to allow each to save face.
The Rams don't want to be looked at as a team that overpays, pays when they don't have to or will cave if a star player holds out.
AD wants to be paid at the top level of his position and has held out in order to show how serious he is.
I get both sides.
If I'm the Rams... I do NOT break the bank on one player if it means not being able to sign several other key players in the future, regardless of how much of a star that one player is and regardless of position.
If I'm the Rams, I'm telling the other D-lineman that this is their chance to shine. This is the entire defense's opportunity to prove it's not all about having AD on the field. To challenge the D to show they can play at a high caliber without the guy who gets all the press.
There are some hungry guys on the Rams DL that would kill to make what AD is getting paid now.

I want AD back, but I don't see how he can come back and be the leader of this D at this point. The other guys have been in the trenches doing their thing. Certainly, I would welcome him and would hope the team would welcome AD back with open arms. But for me, the Rams need to be all about proving that they want AD but don't need him.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Approach to the Aaron Donald situation.

PSJRam526August 15, 2017 03:42PM

Re: My Approach to the Aaron Donald situation.

max191August 15, 2017 09:14PM

The players will have no problem with him if he returns.

RFL148August 16, 2017 06:30AM