Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some Cowboy game observations by me

August 13, 2017 10:14AM
Some player reviews:

Price, #51 looks very good to me. Beat Laell Collins on one play. Also, on 3 other plays that came in his area: he shows awareness to shift back into the running lane (though McFadden re-juked outside again), fighting attitude, quickness and speec and some nice hand technique; he has a little James Harrision in him I think...for a rookie, very impressive. Also, looks like could run down Wilson of seattle. He makes the team 100%. He will be a good NFL player....maybe not a full time starter [but then either were Monte Coleman for his whole career)

John Davis, minus the fumbles, looks like a keeper. What happened to A. Green...I thought he would flourish with McVay.

G Everett looked great on the out pattern he ran (that was called back for a holding penalty). NIce cut at near full speed, and hand catches it with a nice reach. On the other play his YAC was great. As a rookie, he looks like he has it already.
Seems aggressive enough in blocking, but that ain't his forte, especially this year.

Pharoah Cooper Had an excellent juke at the link on one catch, and he looks like he is playing full speed now. I think he will contribute some big plays this year. I think the Rams will keep him;

Sammy Watkins "I can pick it up in a weekand a half" (paraphrse). I like that! He seems like a top 8 WR in the NFL...for a 2nd rounder this is an excellent risk. Maybe he needs a practice pitch count like Isaac had under Vermeil.
Sammy also battles and comes back for balls very well.

Kupp What I expected; He may end up being like that old WR from the 80s on the Niners (became the GM)...crafty and shifty.

Goff: His cameo was just passing. Think Mcvay wants to wait a bit before they open it up (with that O line).

Higbee: I don't know....he is missing something....his blocking needs help. They are in trouble at the blocking TE position. Can Sam Rogers split out and do that at 5'10"?? We know Harkey can....really think is a problem. Higbee might split some seems with his size and toughness, and be tough to defend at the goaline....but, he doesn't look like a full-time blocking/rec TE to me. I want to be very wrong.

O line: what to say--the 1st string pass blocking looked ok sometimes against mostly back ups(?)

Feel very strongly that G Everett is a budding superstar in the Jordan Reed mold....
Sammy, when healthy, is going to change everything----our first #1 WR since T Holt/Bruce left....wasn't there another "Sammy" who needed to stay healthy. THere, see how I slipped it in... winking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Cowboy game observations by den-the-coach...

Rams43858August 13, 2017 09:49AM

A "den" follow up post on last night's OL play...

Rams43421August 13, 2017 10:12AM

I don't have a lot of faith......

21Dog296August 13, 2017 02:59PM

Re: I don't have a lot of faith......

Hollywood Ram183August 14, 2017 09:29AM

I don't have much faith in Donnal, period

21Dog235August 14, 2017 09:31AM

Re: Some Cowboy game observations by me

Steve420August 13, 2017 10:14AM

Re: Some Cowboy game observations by den-the-coach...

Rampage2K-313August 13, 2017 11:40AM

My one lone take away from the game

LBRamsFan306August 14, 2017 08:45AM

Re: My one lone take away from the game

Rampage2K-223August 14, 2017 08:54AM

nice observation

ferragamo79216August 14, 2017 09:11AM

Re: idk

Speed_Kills194August 14, 2017 09:20AM