Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sammy Watkins wants to 'be that home-run guy'

August 12, 2017 03:41PM

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com

Sammy Watkins made his first appearance as a member of the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday, but not in L.A.'s preseason opener against the Cowboys. After all, he doesn't know the playbook.

As Watkins put it to reporters before the game on how he would fit with his new team, "I haven't figured that out. I don't even know the plays right now, so I'm just willing to do anything, wherever they put me at, X, Y, Z. I'm just trying to fill in the void and help this team win."

The former first-round pick was traded from the Buffalo Bills on Friday just one day after the team's first preseason game. Watkins joins former Bills teammate Robert Woods in Los Angeles, where, he said Saturday, he feels comfortable being the vertical threat the Rams have lacked in recent years.

"Most definitely. I just feel like that's in my game," Watkins said, per the Los Angeles Times' Lindsey Thiry. "I can be that home-run guy and I'm just here to help. Honestly, I think they've got what they need as far as Robert Woods and Tavon [Austin] and the guys they drafted. I'm just here to add to that and just come here to have fun and win some games."

Read Complete Article
[www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sammy Watkins Meets With LA Media

RamBill409August 12, 2017 03:23PM

RamBill192August 12, 2017 03:41PM

Sammy Watkins was “shocked just like everybody else”

RamBill142August 12, 2017 04:36PM