Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Every teams most over rated & under rated players

July 25, 2017 05:50AM
RFIP
[www.cbssports.com]

Los Angeles Rams
Underrated: S Maurice Alexander
He is coming off a good 2016 season and he will be the starter at strong safety with T.J. McDonald gone to the Dolphins. He started 14 games at free safety last year and did a nice job in coverage. That will give him a nice advantage as a strong safety, where some in the league at that spot lack the cover skills.

Overrated: RB Todd Gurley
After his impressive 2015 rookie season, he was considered a top-five back. But then he went out and rushed for 885 yards last season and a 3.2 per-rush average. The line wasn't good in front of him, but he didn't seem to be the same runner as he was the year before. He wasn't patient at all. He can change that thinking with a big 2017 season, but right now he has to be the Rams pick in this spot.
CREDIT: USATSI

I don't necessarily disagree with the author about Mo, although I will say that after this season possibly Robert Woods might have proven himself to be the most underrated player before opening day.

But I must disagree that Gurley is most overrated based on just the one season. I give that "honor" to Tavon Austin after his 4 years of underwhelming performance results for a #8 overall pick (that we foolishly traded up for) that was handed a $42 million extension prematurely. Been multiple fubars in the Ram/Tavon relationship, huh? Easy "winner" as Mr Overrated, at least for me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Every teams most over rated & under rated players

RFIP408July 25, 2017 05:22AM

Re: Every teams most over rated & under rated players

Rams43128July 25, 2017 05:50AM