Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No it is not mandated by their agreement

July 06, 2017 02:11PM
Contracts are not automatically guaranteed or not guaranteed in the NBA. Each contract is an individual thing negotiated within a framework of rules. Two players that have identical career arcs can each have two different contracts, guaranteed or not.

You aren't following. The players tenure has nothing to do with them negotiating a guaranteed deal. Max contracts have nothing to do with a guarantee either.

So I'm not sure where that comes from.

If someone in the NFL, maybe Rodgers when he was younger and working on his second deal said "I want this much money over this many years and I want it guaranteed or I don't play" he could get that deal guaranteed. After he did that, someone else would. Then someone else, and so on.

That's whats happening with the NBA, part of the result of a HUGE increase in cap and real dollars. Teams can afford to offer it if they need to.

It is not a "rule" and it is not something that is part of an agreement.

Also because of the collective agreements the players in the NBA get about 3BIL while players in the NFL get about 6MIL. How many more players are their in the NFL versus the NBA? Maybe 4 times as many? Also take a look at what the NFL rookie scale is compared to the NBA scale, it dwarfs the NBA scale. See how that works?

The NBA players get more of the "other revenues". The NFL players union is a failure and hasn't achieved that.

Dickerson is right, the NFL players union is a failure and DSmith effed up this new agreement BADLY.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dickerson on the HERD right now nm

Ram49674July 05, 2017 09:41AM

video

LMU93231July 06, 2017 07:17AM

He's dead on about the union IMO

LesBaker345July 06, 2017 08:08AM

Re: Who is doing that?..

laram223July 06, 2017 09:38AM

No it is not mandated by their agreement

LesBaker269July 06, 2017 02:11PM

Re: You're conflating points here...