Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sans the controversy, Kaepernick the perfect back-up QB for Rams

June 29, 2017 06:13AM
I admit that I have a different view on back-up QBs.
I think that the back-up needs to bring an entirely different game with him than the starter.
If a back-up has to run a team for several games, then the time should be used on the 3rd string guy because the odds of winning are greatly reduced anyway.
But if the back-up has to run a team for a game or two, he should bring an entirely different skill set to the table that makes preparing a D against him much more difficult.

If it weren't for the political show that Kap put on, he would probably be a good game day back-up for the Rams. Back-ups don't get enough time and reps to just walk in cold and run the game plan. Problem is he did. And now teams (rightly) don't trust him on that account. The last think you want is players to alienate part of the team's fan base over political/social positions. What Kap did, thanks to the Internet, will never go away......fair or not. This is entertainment and many football fans watch it to get away from nasty politics and social polarization (I certainly do).

Odd thing is, he'd be near perfect for the Rams as Goff's back-up, but is not nearly so good for the Seahawks because the Rams QB is a pocket passer, while the 'Hawk's guy is too much like Kap....they think a pocket is where you keep your wallet and not where you operate an offense from. Wilson and Kap are too similar. Goff and Kapp are near opposites; a perfect match for starter and back-up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 06:13AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chip Kelly Explains How The Media Made Up Lies About Kaepernick

laram583June 29, 2017 05:38AM

Sans the controversy, Kaepernick the perfect back-up QB for Rams

RockRam262June 29, 2017 06:13AM

Re: I have a different take on that Rock...

laram221June 29, 2017 06:37AM

That's just one guy others have said he was a problem

LesBaker231June 29, 2017 06:57AM