Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chip Kelly Explains How The Media Made Up Lies About Kaepernick

June 29, 2017 05:38AM
Chip Kelly Explains How The Media Made Up Lies About Kaepernick Being a Distraction & Lazy

The jig has long been up for the NFL in it’s blackballing of Colin Kaepernick.

The Seahawks claimed he was “overqualified” for their back-up position and opted instead for Quarterback Austin Davis. Here are the career FACTS for Austin Davis: a 3-7 record in 3 seasons with 13 touchdowns to 12 interceptions. This will be the back-up to Russell Wilson on a Super Bowl contending team. Good luck with that.

Chip Kelly was the Head Coach last season for the 49ers. If anyone would have an ax to grind with Kaepernick it would be Kelly who lost his job after one season in San Francisco. Chip joined Adam Schefter on the Know Them From Adam Podcast. His comments in regard to Kaepernick read like a text book letter of recommendation.

Kap was awesome. At the beginning of the year he made his stance on what he believed was right. We recognized and supported his ability to do that. But he never brought that into the locker room. We had a meeting the day after the Green Bay game that he did it in the preseason and he explained to all the players the process and mindset of what he was doing. And there were some players that agreed with him and there were some players that didn’t agree with him.

After that point we heard from the outside what a distraction it is except those people weren’t in our locker room and Kap never was a distraction and turned it into a circus. He came into work everyday, extremely diligent in terms of his preparation, in terms of his work ethic in the weight room, in terms of his work ethic in the meeting room.

I really enjoyed Kap, i’ve spoken to him 3 or 4 times since we left San Francisco. I know he’s working out really hard in New York right now. I think he’s a really good person and a really good player. And I really enjoyed coaching him

Chip further went into further detail on Kaepernick’s skill set, noting his high level of play which was hindered last season due to an offseason recovering from several surgeries.

The argument against Kaepernick has long been proven as a witch hunt of criticism lacking basis, fact or a modicum of respectability. He is not looking for over $10+ million nor is he demanding a gig as a starter. Kaepernick has educated, protected and created opportunities for marginalized people. Beyond real change, it also has disgustingly brought about discomfort with those in power.

“All my years being in the league, I never received more emotional mail from people than I did about that issue,” Mara said. “If any of your players ever do that, we are never coming to another Giants game. It wasn’t one or two letters. It was a lot. It’s an emotional, emotional issue for a lot of people, moreso than any other issue I’ve run into.”

-John Mara, New York Giants Co-Owner

For those interested the audio is here at 16:40.

[www.espn.com]

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chip Kelly Explains How The Media Made Up Lies About Kaepernick

laram583June 29, 2017 05:38AM

Sans the controversy, Kaepernick the perfect back-up QB for Rams

RockRam263June 29, 2017 06:13AM

Re: I have a different take on that Rock...

laram221June 29, 2017 06:37AM

That's just one guy others have said he was a problem

LesBaker231June 29, 2017 06:57AM