Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: BREAKING NEWS on Jeff Fisher!

June 29, 2017 07:22AM
GreatRamNTheSky
Killrazor
Well, it makes you wonder if Fisher was coaching to get fired and collect his walk away bonus, just like Phil.

I was listening to 790 the ticket yesterday and they mentioned that Phil took the Knicks job in a time of his career that he was all but burnt out. He was smart enough to know that he could eventually be bought out if things went bad, which is what happened.

It got me thinking that the Rams hired a burnt out coach with a chip on his shoulder over the Titans losing Super Bowl 34.

Maybe he didn't start to mail it in untill Bradford was officially gone, we all know his fortunes we're tied to Bradford's sucess for the most part. There was just too many questionable moves that feul the conspiracy theory.

It's a theory that I have had for a while. Honestly, I can see a day where Fisher releases a book that talks about his days coaching for the Rams, and he comes clean, admitting all along that he was a Titan in sheep's clothing.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

No, I can't imagine that any professional who has pride would deliberately halfass it to get revenge for a close loss his former team suffered at the hands of his new team. I just don't believe that is conceivable. Was he a burnout? He could have been but, he knew he could get one more big payday and both the Rams and Dolphins who were desperate to be relevant again wanted him. Fisher was the biggest name out there among coaching free agents in 2012 and many of us on this board wanted him and were happy when the Rams won the bidding war.

I think, the biggest mistake the Rams made at that time was not hiring a legitimate General Manager ahead of Fisher. The mistakes made by Fisher and Snead in retrospect have been ghastly and horrific. Greg Robinson the number 2 overall pick in the draft and he was a project player at best?

Trading up to get Tavon Austin who is at best a specialty role type player.

Brian Quick? Lance Kendricks? And perhaps the biggest flub of all of them might be Jared Goff if McVay cannot turn him around.

Fisher may be a good coach but he's not someone I would want controlling my draft board and who I pick.

Grits

I do believe that no professional would tank on purpose when starting a new job but I kind of think Fisher might have checked out earlier than the day he was officially fired. You pointed out a few low points in his time as Rams coach but also add the large number of stupid signings of mainly ex-washed up Titans. The resigning of Tavon to a rediculus contract, the mind bogglingly bad coaching staff he had In year 5, and the Eric Dickerson public relations fiasco. It all adds up to a coach basically daring someone to fire him.

Chances are this theory is just that, a theory. But like any theory, it makes you wonder sometimes........
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BREAKING NEWS on Jeff Fisher! Attachments

GreatRamNTheSky1171June 28, 2017 09:43PM

Killrazor423June 29, 2017 12:57AM

GreatRamNTheSky301June 29, 2017 05:38AM

Coy Bacon272June 29, 2017 07:07AM

GreatRamNTheSky230June 29, 2017 07:13AM