Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Goff played "Horrible" even when the line was good: (tst)

June 23, 2017 08:28AM
Classicalwit
Hahaha!

He was awful, but I, for one, am glad he struggled because it undermines the notion borne from contemporary, information-obsessed thinking that simply imparting information is enough, and that learning is a simple, linear process.
It is not. And, with proper reasoning, this forces a different realization.

Here's an anecdote, of an architect, not a jar: I work in an office where complicated software is used to enter information that another department uses to make contracts. When I first started as a manager, I could not understand it. In fact, I had to really on my colleagues most of the time to help me complete my work. Our department accountant used to use me as the butt of her jokes, and our contracts office was very frustrated. Every time I made a contract, it would come back with incorrect or missing information.

That was four years ago. Now, the contracts office has a new director who actually understands contracts, and how the software used to create them, should work.

He told me yesterday, that I need to teach my colleagues what contractual language is, and how to overwrite the boilerplate that the software uses. Now, my director comes to me when she needs help, or when she has to create a contract, and she can't afford for it to come back with corrections. When she is busy, which is a lot lately, she will simply have me do the work for her.

And the department accountant who used to joke about me? Yesterday, I spent 20 minutes showing her the finer points of how to use some of the software's features to overwrite settings to create custom math relations. In mid July, the director of the contracts office and I will teach a seminar to both of our departments about contracts and the use of this software.

Redemption is very satisfying.

Four years eh.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff played "Horrible" even when the line was good: (tst)

Anonymous User1093June 22, 2017 01:55PM

There really was no other way to describe him LAST YEAR

RFIP362June 22, 2017 01:58PM

And no measure about the quality of WR play?

NewMexicoRam337June 22, 2017 04:28PM

no measure about the quality of WR play?

Anonymous User399June 22, 2017 05:20PM

CraigMatson271June 22, 2017 09:55PM

Classicalwit352June 23, 2017 04:01AM

RounderRick288June 23, 2017 08:28AM

Classicalwit273June 23, 2017 11:01AM

Does anybody want to trade for luck or wilson?

PHDram298June 23, 2017 08:46AM

Did anyone truly shine on O last year?

DaJudge333June 23, 2017 08:57AM