Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: wow. that is one conveniently super slanted viewpoint, 43.

June 21, 2017 03:57PM
max
Rams43
max
When you think of the guys that the Rams let go for a lot less than what they are paying TruJ it's mind boggling just how incompetent this FO has been.

A instructional video can be made showing how an inept organization is run by studying how the Rams managed their secondary in comparison to how they handled the Tavon Austin deal.

No one should wonder why these guys have been the laughing stock of the NFL for years.

I think you go too far blaming the entire organization, max.

They clearly blew the Tavon contract extension. But that was last year and I lay that at Fisher's feet, tbh. And he's now long gone.

They blew this TruJo tagging, too, unless a reasonable extension occurs before July15. This is the one offseason move that puzzles me by the new regime.

But other than these two things? Frankly, I see a whole helluva lot of smart moves. Some were VERY smart moves.

Firing Fisher.
Stealing McVay from the Niners and Chargers.
Wade Phillips
Aaron Kromer (my personal 3rd favorite offseason move)
Whitworth
Sullivan
Woods
Webster
Coleman
The entire draft looks solid with Kupp a potential steal.
Lots of addition by subtraction (Britt, Quick, Kendricks, Barnes, McDonald, Rhaney, etc)
Retained Fassel
Joyner to FS

I could go on and on, but why bother?

Bottom line is that there has been a major renovation on the Rams over the course of the last 6 months. And, other than the TruJo tagging, it all looks pretty danged positive to me.

Camp and preseason will fill in a lot of the blanks, but for right now you can color me one happy camper.

Why blame only Fisher for Austin? Oh yeah, he's gone now. Very convenient. Not me, I give Snead part of the blame. He was there evaluating these guys and had a lot of clout with Demoff.

So they blew the TruJ tagging. That goes without saying. But they don't get blamed for any of the botching the secondary the year before? Come on, these are the same guys. Its just a continuation of the their incompetence.

And all that good stuff that you stated as if it was a proven fact. Well, they haven't even played a down yet. So nothing is proven.

All we have is proven bad stuff based on a 4-12 record and unproven good stuff that we pray turns out to actually be good.

Yup, it was super slanted positively, max. That's what I do. Lol.

I suspect Fisher's fingerprints on the Tavon pick and extension contract, although I can't prove it. I say this because Fisher had final say on such matters AND was simply slobbering on Hard Knocks when he discussed the extension with Tavon. Not at all like a man that had a bad decision shoved down his throat.

The JJ loss has already been discussed. Besides, I would have done the same damned thing at the time. Only hindsight shows us that it was a mistake.

And finally, yeah, they haven't played a down yet, so obviously nothing is proven. How can anyone's opinion in June be "proven"? But isn't this board a good place to state opinions? BTW, you HAVE been reading the articles and interviews, haven't you? They've been virtually unanimously optimistic, to say the least.

We'll all see things more clearly come summer camp and PS games. We both reserve the right to adjust our opinions as more information becomes available, right?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

La Canfora: Rams Unlikely To Extend Trumaine Johnson

RamBill1066June 20, 2017 05:52PM

Tru or Donald? Easy choice.

Ramadune379June 20, 2017 06:16PM

The Wade Phillips pressor told me this

stlramz438June 20, 2017 08:39PM

You don't play good players like they were Superstars

RockRam488June 21, 2017 01:00AM

Re: even for this fan

leafnose306June 21, 2017 03:36AM

Re: even for this fan

RFIP321June 21, 2017 03:53AM

Re: You don't play good players like they were Superstars

LMU93277June 21, 2017 04:55AM

This is a totally inept botch job by Snead and Demoff

max499June 21, 2017 04:08AM

Re: This is a totally inept botch job by Snead and Demoff

RamsFanSinceLA319June 21, 2017 07:09AM

zn363June 21, 2017 07:47AM

Rams43323June 21, 2017 08:35AM

Rams43357June 21, 2017 07:44AM

wow. that is one conveniently super slanted viewpoint, 43.

max287June 21, 2017 03:43PM

Re: wow. that is one conveniently super slanted viewpoint, 43.

Rams43398June 21, 2017 03:57PM

Let's hope we meet in the middle, let's see, that would be 10 wins

max321June 21, 2017 05:32PM

Tony Romas274June 21, 2017 11:31AM

VANRAM275June 21, 2017 03:53PM

It's funny

Old Goat400June 21, 2017 04:07PM

Re: It's funny

zn263June 22, 2017 10:40AM

I know this isn't true... and not talking about TJ... BUT...

JamesJM308June 21, 2017 11:45AM