Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not that this applies

June 20, 2017 05:14PM
but I wonder if its a bit like chess. Moving a bishop diagonally is a chess move. When to move the bishop takes the skill. I saw the Falcons run several of the same plays the Rams did. Either unsuccessfully or with Julio or one of the other receivers making impossible catches. Not saying that Shanahan isn't good but he certainly had some help from the players. But that to is beside the point. lol

Also IIRC it was the execution that was being compared to as middle school, not the playbook. Or something like that. From what I could tell, it wasn't the plays, it was when they were run and how little deception was used. If Austin was getting the ball then there were 3 guys on him as soon as he got the ball. When Gurley got it there was no where to run. Boras just didn't appear to me to be a very good chess player. Not to say there weren't good play calls. There definitely were. But it didn't help that coaching overall didn't seem to improve the players performance levels. Dops, wrong routes, wrong reads, wrong block... whew. In a game of inches the Rams measured via yard stick. Just too many mistakes... consistently.

Overall, I think there is some talent on the roster. I am interested to see if the players improve or if the play calling becomes a little less predictable. As always, execution is still the key IMO. Even a predictable play call can work if its executed well, relatively speaking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

play call language? 2016. .wasn't that elementary?

CraigMatson475June 20, 2017 04:52PM

Not that this applies

Atlantic Ram243June 20, 2017 05:14PM

Re: Not that this applies

CraigMatson167June 20, 2017 05:24PM