Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hank Williams returning to ESPN's Monday Night Football

June 05, 2017 05:53AM
Are you ready for some football? Hank Williams Jr. is, once again.

After a six-year absence, the famous country music singer will return to ESPN to sing his iconic Monday Night Football intro during the 2017 NFL season.

According to a report from Cindy Watts of The Tennessean, Williams’ special version of All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight will again be on the network’s airwaves in advance of the Sept. 11 game between the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints.

ESPN originally dropped Williams from its programming back in 2011 after political commentary he made during an appearance on FOX News.

But it appears that both parties have left that in the past, as Watts reports that the new music video was filmed in Nashville on Sunday alongside a pair of unnamed music artists.

“I never said, ‘Are you ready for some football’ on stage one time the last five or six years, but I will now,” Williams told Watts during a break in the shoot on Sunday. “I’m feeling at home and it’s a real good thing.”

ESPN also expressed some excitement about the reunion, with network executive Stephanie Druley telling Watts that the network video and song sound great and will be a great help as ESPN looks to regain the “Monday night party” vibe.

[www.seccountry.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They need to do something about the Sunday Night Football theme song, too. I really dislike that "Oh, Sunday Night" theme sung by Carrie Underwood and I hate even more watching her skulk and skip her way through the song. I always mute the tv until the intro is over and it's game time. I realize she's eye-candy and all that... even so, the song sucks and for me is like nails on a chalkboard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 05:53AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hank Williams returning to ESPN's Monday Night Football

MamaRAMa718June 05, 2017 05:53AM

Lets put MNF back on ABC.

GreatRamNTheSky222June 05, 2017 06:01AM

Just not on same night as Gun Smoke though

RFIP257June 05, 2017 06:52AM

Here's that conversation..

Ramgator217June 05, 2017 08:22AM

Left out the last part

RFIP225June 05, 2017 08:40AM

Re: MNF and Hank Williams....Make it a Trifecta....

oldschoolramfan316June 05, 2017 08:28AM

Love Gunsmoke. Doc was always my favorite. Some trivia about Milburn Stone..

Ramgator289June 05, 2017 08:29AM

Re: Just not on same night as Gun Smoke though

IowaRam210June 06, 2017 02:23AM

Dang, Iowa...

Rams43186June 06, 2017 07:17AM