Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The PodCast is really long, so here are some highlights

May 26, 2017 07:23AM
RockRam
8) GRob's biggest problem was lack of confidence.

I have been saying this and believe it. Sometimes when a player who has high expectations disappoints, in the midst of all sorts of outpourings of anger and dismay, people can end up mistaking the problem. To me GR just acts like someone who is all nerves, which means no confidence. That's not always the case but with him I feel it is. Now it is ALSO true that sometimes that can't be overcome. So, no promises.

In terms of the where he was picked thing? I am on record with this---I positively do not care about that, and not even a little bit. When others do care about it I look upon it the same way I would look upon someone who has a phobia I don't have. So it's like, what's the big deal, it's just a little spider.... (That is just meant to describe how I personally feel, it's not an argument for or against anything. But I do feel that way.) The Rams do draft well...not the best but pretty good...and I take it that a team that drafts well will take some players too high and then later also snag some steals and that in the end, if they are performing, I am just not going to care where they are taken.

Ideally you want to iron that out as much as it can be, but that has to do with personnel and its policies and tendencies. Meaning I do NOT put that stuff on the player.

If GR works out to be a pretty good ROT, I will generally just not care about the "draft slot" controversies.

So back to GR. I think he needs confidence and in retrospect a lot went wrong with the entire team last year (and it had FAR more than one or 2 causes)....so he was not the only player who didn't come through last year. THEREFORE to me last year is no measure. In my eyes he's starting over just like everyone else.

AND IMO if he can develop a nice bedrock of confidence then he will be fine.

I don't agree with VB on everything, and one thing I do not agree with is the idea that Gurley simply lacked blocking. No. Gurley had his own issues too. The fact that the OL *also* had its own issues just compounded things. And again, there was not one cause or even just a couple of causes for what went wrong last year...and, a lot of it was unique to 2016. So Gurley can't be the same guy he was last year, whether the OL steps up or not (and the OL is stepping up it seems). In other words, among the many things that went wrong last year, one of them is that Gurley had his own problems...and hopefully that is fixed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 07:29AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vinny on TST with Josh Webb

max950May 26, 2017 03:41AM

The PodCast is really long, so here are some highlights

RockRam510May 26, 2017 06:57AM

Great synopsis, Rock. Apologies to RamBill, just saw he had it down already.

max363May 26, 2017 07:13AM

Thanks, and 1 more thing: the Stadium delay

RockRam411May 26, 2017 07:23AM

Couple things that stood out to me.

max441May 26, 2017 07:36AM

Re: The PodCast is really long, so here are some highlights

zn358May 26, 2017 07:23AM

Geez, Rock...

Rams43304May 26, 2017 08:49AM

awesome, thank you... (nm)

LMU93200May 26, 2017 09:50AM

Enormous Oline. Positively scary huge.

AlbaNY_Ram344May 26, 2017 11:07AM

Re: Enormous Oline. Positively scary huge.

Rams43257May 26, 2017 11:35AM

For sure

NewMexicoRam289May 26, 2017 03:35PM

thank you for posting that RR

ferragamo79268May 26, 2017 11:19AM

Re: Nice recap, and thanks

leafnose256May 27, 2017 07:17AM

Re: Thanks for taking the time rock

TonyHunter87188May 27, 2017 10:28PM