Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff Learning New Offense Quickly, Exhibiting Quality Leadership

May 22, 2017 05:30PM

By Myles Simmons

There’s a clear learning curve for any player learning his second offensive system in just two years in the NFL. That curve might be even steeper for a quarterback.

But by all accounts, Jared Goff has done quite well in picking up head coach Sean McVay’s offensive scheme during the Rams’ 2017 offseason program.

“It’s a way different offense. Personally, from my brief experience with it, I’ve had a quicker time learning it — easier time learning it,” Goff said on Monday. “I don’t know whether that’s scheme or the way it’s taught or what not, but I’ve enjoyed spending time with the coaches and picking it up pretty quickly.”

“He’s really grasped the offense surprisingly fast, especially for a new guy,” offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur said of Goff at rookie minicamp earlier this month. “When you get a new guy in an offense, there is a transition period with that, but he’s done a nice job at picking it up at a surprisingly quick pace.”

Though the Rams have just begun Phase III of the offseason program with OTAs, Goff’s progress has been encouraging for the coaching staff.

“I think he’s done a nice job just getting better every single day,” McVay said on Monday. “We know that anytime you’re not truly live in some of these periods, it’s always a little bit more difficult. I thought he’s done a nice job managing the huddle, got in and out today. He’s seeing some things, progressing through based on what coverages we’re seeing.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill846May 22, 2017 05:30PM

Start of Rams’ OTA practices gives Jared Goff a chance to work with new targets

RamBill375May 22, 2017 05:45PM

These articles are very encouraging ....what a different vibe compared

Rampage2K-421May 22, 2017 07:34PM

Re: These articles are very encouraging ....what a different vibe compared

RFIP320May 23, 2017 02:46AM

Yep. It was clear to me last year.

max362May 23, 2017 02:49AM

Re: Yep. It was clear to me last year.

David Deacon307May 23, 2017 03:34AM

Re: These articles are very encouraging ....what a different vibe compared

Rams43305May 23, 2017 05:46AM

uncalled for