Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Interesting comments by Snead re OL

May 15, 2017 07:42AM
I didn't hear the interview, but I have been paying attention to FA moves and lack of Draft moves on the OL. Plus the abundance of UDFA signings and OL tryout prospects.

This is all I can say with any certainty based on the above.

Whit is a lock to start at LOT, barring injury. He's a Pro Bowler at the peak of his game, for cryin' out loud. But he's a short term fix because of his age, so they're already looking to the long term future there.

Sullivan is highly likely to be our opening day starter. But someone could take it from him at some point during the season if they can impress. Sully is a short term fix at best, anyway. Three impressive UDFA's are already on the roster and they've announced cross training some OG's as another strong option. Our C position is getting lots of attention. Not to worry.

A healthy Saffold will probably start at one OG position or another. It depends on where Kromer thinks he best helps the overall OL play. Don't ignore a RG possibility. Just saying.

Yeah, the right side is up in the air, pending camp performances. We should expect to be surprised though, I think. Kromer will find some "best" combo among those many candidates. A combo that will be pretty danged effective, at that. That's what Kromer does. Just look what he accomplished in Buffalo.

I think that we are in pretty good shape on OL for the short term. A really good OL coach combined with lots of promising player options. That's a recipe for success, don't you think?

It's clearly premature, but I expect at least an average OL for the Rams this year. Might be even a little better than average depending on chemistry and play calling, tbh.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting comments by Snead re OL

RFIP750May 15, 2017 03:03AM

Filler for an interview

GreatRamNTheSky293May 15, 2017 03:21AM

Weird that Snead would view Saffold as a future LT

max286May 15, 2017 03:32AM

Re: Weird that Snead would view Saffold as a future LT

RFIP271May 15, 2017 03:39AM

Re: Weird that Snead would view Saffold as a future LT

max272May 15, 2017 04:27AM

Re: Interesting comments by Snead re OL