Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tying some thoughts together

May 14, 2017 03:50AM
As we all know, if Whitworth doesn't show significant signs of age, its a huge plus. We can go from one extreme to the other at the most import OL position. I think we have to give Snead high marks for this addition. Say what you want about Snead, and I am one of his biggest critics, he is a tireless worker who explores every opportunity.

The biggest issue I have with Snead is his judgment. I really wonder if he even trusts it. Snead linked every draft pick to a coach. Is he uncomfortable with giving the impression that the draft is his responsibility? I wonder if that's how the best GMs do it. I never got that from listening to the other GMs.

And yet, there is another side to all this. And here are my thoughts on what this organization is all about and how it really works.

Clearly, Snead has little or no say in actual signings. I had thought that whole waiting to sign them all tougher was a Fisher thing, but apparently its a Demoff thing. I believe Demoff is a lot more hands on than is made public. The question I have is how much is Demoff doing on his own and how much is directed by Kroenke. All this is a bit scary to me. Are we back to the non-football regime model of the past? Fisher did say he felt he was never in "their" future plans in LA. Who is they?

Apparently, they are the guys who decided to retain Snead and make it appear that he his job was on shaky ground while allowing him to be part of deciding on who the next HC would be. But I have to wonder if Demoff was all in on Snead the entire time cause he can control him and that would make the direction coming from Kroenke easier to execute.

The way I see it, the Rams have a history of being a cross between real and fantasy. Now that they are back in LA, I think we are seeing more of this slight of hand. Think back to Demoff giving his presentation to the NFL owners on the proposed move to LA where he showed a picture of a fake fire place or something like that and said, we all know LA is an artificial place and laughed. Now we are getting more episodes of Rams on TV publicizing the adventures of the LA Rams even though they were a total embarrassment at 4-12. Seems Demoff and Kroenke are not embarrassed by it, but feel fine capitalizing on their bad performance.

What all this tells me is that Kroenke and Demoff are focused on the image of the Rams a lot more than the winning of the Rams. As Rams fans we should be used to that, its who the LA Rams have been for most of their history.

We can imagine the high level discussions that go on between Kroenke and Demoff. You can see their hands all over the marketing of this team. All they see a need to do is put an entertaining team on the field that looks competitive and all is well in Tinseltown. They've got the lacky GM who does their bidding and who is comfortable deferring to the wants of the coaches. And they've got their young charismatic and highly marketable HC, as well as their Cali surfer dude looking QB in Goff. So bring on Hollywood, and the movie stars, and the reality shows, the LA Rams are back. If we don't expect any SB wins, then we all should be happy with their vision.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2017 03:53AM by max.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tying some thoughts together

max995May 14, 2017 03:50AM

Re: Tying some thoughts together

den-the-coach418May 14, 2017 05:03AM

zn380May 14, 2017 05:32AM

Re: Armey was gone after 2005

den-the-coach367May 14, 2017 06:03AM

you're right about 2006

zn281May 14, 2017 07:24AM

lots to digest there, den

max247May 14, 2017 08:31AM

Re: lots to digest there, den

Rams43300May 14, 2017 08:40AM

den-the-coach329May 14, 2017 09:07AM

...and that's all I'm gonna say.

max251May 14, 2017 09:20AM

zn267May 14, 2017 09:46AM

correction

zn251May 14, 2017 11:46AM

Rams43324May 14, 2017 05:43AM

AlbaNY_Ram286May 14, 2017 06:32AM

That's not drama, that's science fiction...

max229May 14, 2017 02:49PM

leafnose292May 14, 2017 06:28AM

Re: I think it's an oversimplification

merlin294May 14, 2017 09:43AM