Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sam Rogers our Mr Multi post by Zero...

May 05, 2017 05:46AM
Here's Zero...

Doing some reading on PFF this evening and ended up doing a site search
for Sam Rogers.Just thought I would share some of the results that I enjoyed.
No doubt he will be Gurley's new best friend.
I think he will quickly become a fan favorite.Blocker,receiver,special team demon.
Just really love this pick and the value of getting him in the 6th round.

VS UNC

Top offensive grades

FB Sam Rogers, 86.5
T Yosuah Nijman, 73.7
TE Chris Cunningham, 70.7
G Augie Conte, 69.9
HB Travon McMillian, 67.5

Sam Rogers leads VT offense on the ground

In a rainy, ugly, sloppy game, it was the FB who stood above everyone else. To be honest, I’m having a tough time putting into words exactly how exceptional of a performance Sam Rogers put on Saturday afternoon. Whether he was leading the HB up the middle or sealing off the edge for a run to bounce outside, he simply did it all. Rogers finished the game with an 88.5 run-blocking grade, with only a few minor blemishes keeping that from reaching 90.
********************************************************************************
Senior Bowl Grades

Top offensive grades:

WR Zay Jones, 84.6
FB Sam Rogers, 82.4
C Tyler Orlosky, 73.6
G Jordan Morgan, 72.4
HB Kareem Hunt, 71.4

Virginia Tech fullback Sam Rogers was a lead-blocking machine and finished with a game-high 79.8 run-blocking grade.
*************************************************************************************
Mid Season All - American Team

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech 87.2

Rogers moves around the formation for Virginia Tech, providing strong work as a run blocker (80.1) and as a receiver (77.3) while also carrying the ball 33 times for 109 yards.
****************************************************************************************

Fullback: Sam Rogers, Virginia Tech

Sam Rogers fits into the traditional fullback mold, but also offers diversity to the Hokies offense. He has seen playing time at tailback, fullback and tight end this year. With the quickness to run routes, and the physicality to punish defenders between the tackles, Rogers offers a match-up problem for defensive coordinators. He ranked second in the nation at the position with 287 receiving yards, adding three touchdowns and six broken tackles. Virginia Tech head coach Justin Fuente has even used him as a passer on trick plays, with reasonable effectiveness. Oh, and he loves to smash linebackers at the point of attack, ranking second in the nation in the regard in 2016.

************************************************************************************
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sam Rogers our Mr Multi post by Zero...

Rams43600May 05, 2017 05:46AM

could he be?.... Attachments

LMU93312May 05, 2017 06:02AM

Re: could he be?....

Ram Fan Teacher363May 05, 2017 06:16AM

Re: could he be?....

CraigMatson224May 05, 2017 09:02AM

You may be on to something here.

PHDram198May 05, 2017 09:07AM