Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams' depth chart is starting to clear up

May 05, 2017 06:21AM
Ya know, I'm a big Kool-Ade drinker, metaphorically, meaning I'm usually optimistic about the Rams. But, when I looked over this depth chart I didn't see much depth. I also didn't see many bonafide starters. I always feel better when I see our ST guys because they're fantastic.
So, why the angst? Our OL...very old guy at LT who should be a big upgrade but he's closer to 40 than 30 next to a LG who gets hurt every year next to an old center with a bad back. At RG, we have a pretty good RT moving inside with a nad foot. And then, at RT...GRob, the scale goat poster child who will try to learn a new position. Behind these 5 are a bunch of so-so young guys who didn't do much. At TE, a new kid with talent who is a total rookie and two guys who were drafted last year and didn't do much. At WR, I like Woods. Tavon has been a disappointment at WR, Spruce who got hurt his on PS game, two rookies, Cooper, a sophomore who didn't do much, Marquez who is a special teamer and Thomas who personally cost us a game with a huge dropped TD last season. Gurley, who was the man as a rookie, but appropriately played like his last name last season. Dunbar is a chocolate bar I think and Brown is still unproven. Oh, I almost forgot, our super young QB has lost all seven games he started and is ranked like last on passing. All that's on O. On D, love AD, RQ, AO should all be great. Brockers is ok at NT as a run stopper. Barwin might be good for a year. Barron inside I don't like. Tru will play not to get hurt at a million a game. Webster was a back up. Gaines looked like he lost it last year. The slot guy might be ok. Joyner is undersized at FS and our SS is learning the position. We have young unproven backups all along the D as well. With any injuries we're looking at 6-10. If our key guys get hurt, AD, Tru, Whitworth, TG30, Goff, Woods we'll be right back at 4-12. If Hekker gets hurt we win 2. Sorry to rain on our parade but there's most question marks than answers. Glad we have a bright young HC, but he's going to need great team health and development to get us to mediocre.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' depth chart is starting to clear up

RamBill698May 05, 2017 04:29AM

Rams43313May 05, 2017 05:12AM

SoCalRAMatic279May 05, 2017 06:21AM

CraigMatson351May 05, 2017 08:40AM