Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Rams Tweets from Hammond/Simmons

April 25, 2017 02:37PM
Rich Hammond‏@Rich_Hammond

Rams wrapped up optional mini-camp. Everyone appeared to be on field except S Mo Alexander. Couple guys (Barron, Dunbar) on sidelines.

Rams guard Rob Havenstein said linemen are "cross-training" at positions. They've been told that best 5 linemen will play, positions TBD.

Havenstein: OL focus is learning scheme, not just positions "If you tell me a play, I want to be able to tell you what everyone is doing"

Today, though, it was as expected on O-line. From L-R: Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan, Havenstein, Robinson.

Tru Johnson, age 27: "McVay, he’s young. I’m almost as old as him. A high-energy guy, knows what he’s talking about. Good for this team."

Tru Johnson deflected talk about contract extension, trade rumors, said "I’m glad to be a Ram" and said he wants to sign new contract.

Goff didn't have great draft-week memories. He tells QBs to "just make it through it. It’s not fun, but ultimately it’s worth your while."

Defensive players get a wry grin when they talk about new DC Wade Phillips. They like him. Rob Quinn praised the "Twitter swag" of @sonofbum

Jared Goff seemed to enjoy practicing with new WR Robert Woods and said, "He had a really good day."

McVay said everyone was accounted for at minicamp. Some guys, including Mo Alexander, are dealing with injuries.

Myles Simmons‏@MylesASimmons

OL Rob Havenstein now working at RG, sounded like he’s embracing the role as much as he can. Said much of what he did at RT translates to G.

*OLB* Robert Quinn said not much will change with new role. Said he’s been studying DeMarcus Ware, how he played in Phillips' scheme.

QB Jared Goff said first practice went smoothly, perhaps more than expected. Said not many re-dos, which speaks to how well install has gone

CB Trumaine Johnson said he’s open to a contract extension with LA, hopes to remain with the club.

If there’s one piece of news to come out of the presser, Snead said Rams aren’t really looking to trade CB Trumaine Johnson right now.

Snead said at this point, more likely that team goes through the process of offseason program, then may look to address extension after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 02:42PM by RamBill.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Rams Tweets from Hammond/Simmons

RamBill1250April 25, 2017 02:37PM

Re: Some Rams Tweets from Hammond/Simmons

bigjimram21427April 25, 2017 02:52PM

Re: Real bad sign for Robinson

merlin467April 25, 2017 06:38PM

"They've been told that best 5 OL will play"

LMU93299April 26, 2017 02:53AM

Was going to post same. TOAST nm

RFIP209April 26, 2017 03:48AM

Re: GRob was taken #2 overall..........