Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A sobering assessment of OL prospects by Bob McGinn...

April 21, 2017 11:39AM
No comments about the Lamp assessment by a scout?

FORREST LAMP, Western Kentucky (6-3 ½, 307, 5.01, 1-2): Started 51 games, all but three at LT. “Might be the toughest guy in the draft,” said one scout. “He probably is maxed out (physically), but guys like that play. But (expletive), no, he’s no first-rounder.” Tied for second among O-linemen in the bench press with 34 reps. Arms, however, were just 32 ¼. From Venice, Fla. “He comes from absolutely nothing,” another scout said. “He could be a complete (expletive) and he’s a great kid. Two-year captain. People are falling in love with who this kid is. He’s an undersized left tackle who has intangibles and athletic ability, and that makes me think of a center. He’s got that kind of leadership. He’s a really good third- or fourth-round pick that will get overdrafted based on no linemen.” Wonderlic scores of 23 and 25. “Best O-lineman that I did this year,” said a third scout. “Did a hell of a job against Alabama (Sept. 10) and two really good rushers. Really like him as a guard.” Projects better in a gap scheme than a zone scheme. “He played left tackle, which is what you want to see at a small school,” said a fourth scout. “He played the premier position, and played it well. He’s the best interior prospect. Ideally, you don’t want to take a guy like that in the first.”

I'm surprised by the lack of surprise, tbh.

Some on this board have been all Gaga over Lamp. Up to and including trading up for him into the late 1st if he should even fall that far.

"He's a really good third or fourth round pick that will get overdrafted based on no linemen". That's not what I want from our #37, y'all. Not hardly.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A sobering assessment of OL prospects by Bob McGinn...

Rams43931April 21, 2017 09:44AM

Rams43324April 21, 2017 11:39AM

dzrams229April 21, 2017 12:42PM

A sobering assessment of OL prospects: "Lamp" ?

Anonymous User290April 21, 2017 12:51PM

Re: A sobering assessment of OL prospects: "Lamp" ?

leafnose184April 22, 2017 06:37AM

Re: Bump...

dzrams153April 27, 2017 06:45PM