Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The trouble with Mock drafts

April 19, 2017 12:08PM
While Mock drafts can express the authors' viewpoint of the value of players and what teams are looking for, NO team publicly expresses what they are looking for or, more importantly, how they evaluate certain players.

So while "interesting", Mock drafts simply never reflect draft day reality beyond, perhaps, the first half dozen picks. And regularly that changes due to trades or info the media didn't have on a player until the last second.

I'm saying that as much as I want, for example, the Rams to select Engram at 37, they may not want him at all. Or, they may view him as a 3rd or even 4th round guy on their board. And that goes for the WRs and pretty much everyone else. We may be enamored with a WRs 40 time, but McVay and Snead might be more impressed with route running and short area quickness. We might look at a long 6'1" CB and go ga-ga, but they might see a guy who can't stay with smaller, quicker NFL WRs.

The more I watch the NFL draft and the run up to it, the more I realize that I'll just have to wait for it to unfold because no one has that good of a crystal ball.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The trouble with Mock drafts

RockRam388April 19, 2017 12:08PM

They are STRICTLY just for fun.

Ramgator193April 19, 2017 12:13PM

Yes. Exactly.

RockRam146April 19, 2017 12:26PM