Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jon Gruden assesses Rams quarterback Jared Goff a year after 2016 NFL draft

April 19, 2017 11:19AM

By Gary Klein

The Rams do not have a first-round pick in next week’s NFL draft, the result of a trade with the Tennessee Titans that enabled them to pick quarterback Jared Goff first overall in 2016.

Former NFL coach Jon Gruden, who annually evaluates quarterbacks during his “Gruden’s QB Camp” for ESPN, assessed Goff a year later.

“Well, you know, Goff, he came out early, a true junior, I don’t think he’s 100% what he’s going to be physically,” Gruden said Wednesday during a teleconference with reporters. “I still think he’s going to get stronger, and he’s going to mature physically.”

Goff, 22, was inactive for the season opener and then sat behind Case Keenum for eight games before he was installed as the starter. The Rams were winless in his seven starts and finished with a 4-12 record.

The U.S. has great steakhouses from sea to shining sea, and we’re presenting the 51 best. Did your favorite make the cut?

“I do think that he went into a difficult situation,” Gruden said. “That’s an offensive line that struggled. That is a receiving corps that struggled. And [with] his inexperience, I think that’s a difficult combination for a young quarterback and I think that’s a big reason they were 0-7 when he was the starter.”

As the Rams began off-season workouts last week, Goff said it would be different going into the season as the presumed starter.

Read Complete Article
[www.latimes.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill698April 19, 2017 11:19AM

Jon Gruden optimistic about Jared Goff, Sean McVay--ESPN

RamBill303April 19, 2017 06:29PM