Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article by GBN joins consensus of deep draft

April 18, 2017 02:08AM
I've followed with interest the comments of well respected draft guys who say the draft is deep this year, even if the top of the draft isn't stellar.
Great Blue North basically says that after picks 24 or 25, the players grade out about the same through player 50. And that most of those players that are 33 through 50 in an average year would be in the bottom third of the 1st round.

This seems to be the consensus. So, if the Rams had to have a year without a 1st round pick, this isn't the worst year to not have one. At 37, the Rams are probably going to get a 1st round talent. So, this to me again says: stick to your board. Outside of QB and RB, take the top guy on your board, O or D.

I've also been reading that it is likely that 3 and possibly 4 QBs will be taken in round one.....not because they grade high but because there is such a need from such a limited pool. If that happens, there will be even more 1st round talent to choose from at 37.

Here's the article:

April 17, 2017 - 9:29 pm
Big Board thoughts … Just finished tweaking the GBN Big Board based on what appears to be some late developments. Most notably, it appears that Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey has moved ahead of Florida State’s Dalvin Cook as the #2 back this year behind LSU’s Leonard Fournette. We are also hearing that nobody should be surprised if UCLA edge-rusher Takk McKinley gets taken in the middle of the opening round. The other thing that really jumps at one in updating the top 200-plus is that there really isn’t a whole lot separating the players ranked roughly 25th through the 45-50 range. Indeed, there is a case to be made that as many as 25-30 players could just as easily have been rated in the final third of the opening round.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article by GBN joins consensus of deep draft

RockRam497April 18, 2017 02:08AM