Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams see a role for previously underused Lance Dunbar

March 24, 2017 12:00PM

Alden Gonzalez
ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Sean McVay's words resonated with Lance Dunbar.

The free-agent running back was in Southern California for a visit last week and sat down with McVay, the Los Angeles Rams' rookie head coach, who walked Dunbar through his potential role in the offense. McVay wound up describing the way Dunbar always saw himself while buried in the Dallas Cowboys' depth chart. He illustrated Dunbar's traits the way Dunbar himself would recount them to someone else.

"He had me going," Dunbar said. "He had me ready to play."

Dunbar ultimately signed with the Rams on a one-year contract that could pay him up to $3 million. He will be the Rams' change-of-pace running back, a complement for the power game of Todd Gurley, and he will also be an option in the passing game. The name "Chris Thompson" came up during Dunbar's meeting with McVay, which makes sense.

Over the past two years, while McVay called plays as the Washington Redskins' offensive coordinator, Thompson found a way to be productive despite finding himself behind backs such as Alfred Morris, Robert Kelley and Matt Jones in rushing attempts. From 2015 to 2016, Thompson rushed for 572 yards on 103 attempts and caught for 589 yards on 84 catches.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill672March 24, 2017 12:00PM

Sounds like he might take away some plays from Tavon

Ramadune212March 24, 2017 12:44PM

Re: Sounds like he might take away some plays from Tavon

LMU93190March 24, 2017 02:31PM

As a weekly watcher of Dallas and living there...

jemach277March 24, 2017 02:53PM

Cunningham had 3 carries of 20+ yards in 2 years

Rams_81190March 25, 2017 11:54AM

I do hope they draft a rb

ferragamo79179March 25, 2017 02:12PM