Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: double down ?

March 21, 2017 04:05AM
Fisher and Snead went for deluge in their last two drafts.

the first was for offensive linemen
and I have little trouble with considering the trouble that already existed. I am hoping that 3 of the returning big guys show some marked improvement. but that hope is limited. And I do agree that going back now and trying to solve OL issues in this draft would be unwise. The 2018 sure appears to be that moment. Center aside; Getting one center and a one guy who can multiple spots makes sense.

the second was a fleet of WRs
other than Spruce I haven't been very excited. Mike Thomas' special teams work was a highlight, and then an abomination. The thing about college transitions to the pro is there is a decent curve. WRs have their own vast issues to attend too. Will Cooper be much better this season?

all the above set aside......
I agree with RockRam that TE and WR will be a focus. I have come to believe that they'll select 2 TEs in this draft. It's possible that David Njoku might get passed over until #37. And Engram is still the guy I think they'll take. My feeling is that even with Engram on the roster the Rams will snap up another TE. Jake Butt is my target, but they could be looking for kid like Kittle out of Iowa. They could use another inline TE, and Butt can be that guy. Kittle, too.

Engram sort of ranks as a WR to me, and less of TE and that's why I think there's another TE in the mix.
As Alyo pointed out there's value in the 4th and 5th rounds for WR. Josh Reynolds stood out to me as making big plays. He wasn't the only one. Guys like Westbrook, and Arboh also made some great plays for their teams but may have limited value in the pros. Are they getting to readily dismissed?

wise to double down and acquire either 2 TEs, or 2 WRs out of this years' crop. With some much value in the TE group why not pick a pair?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What positions will the Rams attack in the draft?

RockRam784March 20, 2017 01:40PM

Re: Center, DB, Wideout

merlin260March 20, 2017 03:27PM

disagree about Johnson factoring in

LMU93224March 21, 2017 03:13AM

Re: double down ?

leafnose209March 21, 2017 04:05AM

Re: I would target Butt in round 3

merlin216March 21, 2017 07:20AM

I'm not sure I equal big target with Jake Butt, I would go Shaheen

Deadpool207March 21, 2017 08:35AM

Re: disagree about Johnson factoring in