Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A real nice post on our C situation by GabesHorn...

March 17, 2017 06:04PM
Rams43
Let me preface his post by saying that I think this guy knows a thing or two about OL play. I'll leave it at that.

Here's GabesHorn...

No one appreciates all Tim Barnes did to win the center job as I do. Beating out Barret Jones who with his Liz Franc and Back surgery just could'nt buy a break after such a great above shoulders head for center along with a terrific collegiate career with 3 Championships. One at OT,OG and as a senior he filled their weakest spot at center. He never worked out at all as a Ram. Still sad over it. Then Rhaney who my momma said if you don't have somethin nice to say then don't say nothin at all. I'm no hater but Tim beat these guys out but Tim lacks the foundation as he was steamrolled too often last season and I could make excuses for him with the play of the whole OL.

Mr. Barnes was released and saved us some cap room and I'm sure coach Kromer watched every snap Tim took for us last season and was in on that call. I know he also has studied our other linemans every play also. I'd love to buy him dinner tonight and pick his brain. He knows whats next for us RAMS in our cementing this OL. It's the biggest and most important thing in making the Rams a success finally and of course jared Goff's protection and room for Gurley to run again.

We released players to gain our cap space a day late as Tretter was already signed by the Browns. Maybe he was looking for $$$ anyway. He would have been my pick for us in FA at center. Best option. We got 3 Million by releasing Barnes. We were slow at gaining our cap space in MPO. I personally think we can get a year outta Wichman or even A. Donnal could be a major surprise as I see him as a real stud and can do many things we may have never thought of him as. He being from IOWA already in my book from the Ferentz OL system knows fundamentals of every OL position. My prediction is Donnal is our starting center and once in place won't be replaced by a 4th round pick. We do need to train a backup in case of injury though as Kromer did with Groy backing up Cook. I think Rhaney better play like a man posessed to have a shot to stick as a Ram. Glad our new OLT will be helping with technique and weightroom and unifying the OL and giving them confidence once again. Maybe never leave GRobs side.

Maybe we try one last trade with the Bills . I just fully believe we have extra talent to be cross trained and it could even be J. Brown they might see as our next 8 year starter under Kromer and staff. No W.Rychburg (sp?) or Travis Freddricks for Giants & Cowboys in 1st round. Best I've seen is Elflein from Ohio State who I believe will be there at top of round 2. I think teams will trade up ahead of us to take him too. Even though he should fall to mid or later 2nd round. We then grab best CB/WR on the board.

Congrats and a big salute to Tim Barnes and his effort he put forth. I secretly and as nice as I can say it but I'll bet Goff and Gurley would love to see a reconstructed group in front of them this season. GOD grant us a Blessed year of Health teamwide.

Jones looked like a bust from day one. He was a wasted draft pick.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A real nice post on our C situation by GabesHorn...

Rams431037March 17, 2017 02:58PM

Re: A real nice post on our C situation by GabesHorn...

Classicalwit314March 17, 2017 06:04PM

Re: I can see Donnal or Brown at CENTER.

oldschoolramfan239March 18, 2017 07:29AM

Re: I can see Donnal or Brown at CENTER.

LMU93231March 18, 2017 07:50AM

I'd be happy if they could step up at guard

ferragamo79237March 18, 2017 09:27AM