Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I wouldn't touch Alshon in free agency...

March 09, 2017 07:36AM
RamBill
After splash at LT, Rams go safe route with Robert Woods at WR

By Alden Gonzalez
ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Robert Woods is coming back to Southern California, agreeing to terms Thursday with the Los Angeles Rams, who also picked up veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth.

Woods, who starred at USC and will again play out of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, was a second-round pick by the Bills in 2013 and has amassed 2,451 receiving yards over the last four years, playing in 57 of 64 games. He basically replaces Kenny Britt, who agreed to a four-year, $32.5 million contract with the Browns. Woods' signing will help shore up a position that has been a major problem for the Rams for about a decade.

Terms: Five years, with a maximum value of $39 million if all incentives are are reached. $15 million guaranteed.

ESPN 150 ranking: 37th (eighth among WR)

Grade: I’ll give it a C, because it means the Rams didn’t sign the most elite receivers available. Woods isn’t Alshon Jeffery or DeSean Jackson or Pierre Garcon, but he gives the Rams some size and nice pass-catching ability. He's solid, but nothing flashy. The 6-foot-1 Woods won't zip past defenders to stretch the field vertically and he won't demand consistent double teams, but he is a good route runner and a solid blocker with dependable hands. He's a nice complement to Tavon Austin, a speedy receiver who struggles in the areas where Woods is strong.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]

The type of money that he wants with his injury history...not with a ten foot pole.

And I liked him very much coming out but Ive had a chance to look at him now, not playing that game!

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After splash at LT, Rams go safe route with Robert Woods at WR

RamBill739March 09, 2017 07:28AM

laram349March 09, 2017 07:36AM

agreed (nm)

ferragamo79227March 09, 2017 08:05AM

Rams43218March 09, 2017 10:59AM

Re: After splash at LT, Rams go safe route with Robert Woods at WR

CraigMatson222March 09, 2017 11:24AM