Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Outstanding as always, i'll add my 2 cents here as well

February 26, 2017 10:32AM
alyoshamucci
We're oddly still a couple weeks out because the combine dates were moved back, but I'm going to go ahead and do this now regardless because the focus points I want to hit aren't going to change with more game analysis on my part and this week is going to be really boring otherwise.

I'm going to go through each position group and highlight what I'm curious about going into Indianapolis.

I have no curiosities with QBs, except whether or not they'll be able to throw the ball well enough to let the receivers show off.

RB
Who in the mid ranges goes up and down?
What does James Connor run and how healthy does he look?
What lower end back shows up and makes a case for himself? (Mcnichols? Redding? MCGuire? Hood? Justin Davis? Boom Williams?)

ME: I love Connor, love his story and frankly a guy that works that hard to beat cancer is good enough for my team. Not worried about his speed, wanna see how his knees check out.
Dare Ogunbowale is the guy i want to see as he was overshadowed my Clements but to me is a low mileage 3rd down back.

WR ...
How do these players fare?
Darreus Rogers, up and comer on USC who may well have outplayed JuJu down the stretch.
Ricky Seals-Jones ... Huge man with talent that has underwhelmed 6-5 230 and can move.
Mack Hollins and Bug Howard ... The two Tarheels who have been inconsistent but shown flashes ... and are both 6-4 and 220 ...
Josh Malone ... the Volunteer who has the size and speed ... but does he have the drive and awareness?
Keon Hatcher ... maybe the lowest ranked player on this list with the best statistics and performances ... how are his injured legs?
Ardarius Stewart[/b
] ... the highest rated player here ... but does he go top 50 or 5th round? What's he going to run? Is he really ready?

ME: Curious how Ross, Cannon and Ford weigh in at. All slight framed guys.
Very curious to watch Smith-Schuster run and work out.
The guy I will be paying closest attn to is Malachi Dupree. So little to see from him due to awful QB play.

Any movement up into higher rounds pushes my targets down to me later, at the very least. Im still eyeballing Taywan Taylor or Josh Reynolds in the 4th.

TE

This one could end up being huge, as Ive been eyeballing this class for a few years.

Who runs what? There are always guys who end up jumping because they ran a 4.5. Njoku should destroy it, but what about Engram and Leggett and Hodges? If Gerald Everett or Jonnu Smith run well as smaller move TEs does that make them stand out to our Jordan Reed utilizing coach? Do enough players show impact ability that Jake Butt drops to the 4th?

Pharoah Brown, George Kittle, and Darnell Daniels ... do they show up and show well?

Wanna see Micheal Roberts from Toledo since I haven't seen him.

O LIne

Do any of the unknown smaller school kids show up and make a name for themselves?
Can Dan Feeney play Center? This may be the biggest question for us.
Which guard are we going to be eyeballing for the late 6th early 7th rounds?

ME: I'll be watching all the centers. I could care less about the 40 times, but the lifting and weights mean something as do the movement drills.

DL

Which of these kids can convert to 3-4 OLB? Movement skills for Ekanem, Price, McKinley, Daeshon Hall, Basham, Bryan Cox, Lawson?

ME: This is the new part, actually focusing on EDGE guys. I like Hall's game, and I'll add these guys: Carroll Hall, Illinois; Derek Rivers, Youngstown St.; Dawayne Smoot, Illinois; Damarcus Walker, FSU; Jordon Willis, Kansas St.; Taco Charlton, Mich.

LBs

What about these kids? Marquel Lee, Tanner Vallejo, Jalen Reeves Maybin?
And how good is Jayon Brown, really?

Me: Jayon Brown is really good.
Inside guys I want to see work out and run: Ben Boulware, Clem.; Kendall Beckwith, LSU (I hope he works out); Hardy Nickerson, Illinois.
Vince Beigel, does he show up stronger? How is his foot?

CB

Shaq Griffin is the one Im curious about ..
But the big questions are ... of the top closely rated 12-15 kids, who stands out? Does Rasul Douglas jump into round 1 as I think? How about Kevin King? Who may be there through round 2?

ME: I want to see the 2 kids from Colorado, Chidobe Awuzie and Ahkello Witherspoon. Esp. Witherspoon a 6'-3" corner, how does he run and how does he look in positional drills?
Desmond King, I have him as a FS right now, can he do anything between now and the draft to change my mind?
Gareon Conley Ohio St., really want to see his position drills.
Really want to see Cam Sutton work out, injuries has muddied the water on him for me.

S

We finally get a look at Shalom Luani! How does he fare? I have him as the best unrated unspoken of player in the draft at this point.
How do Chuck Clark and Demarius Travis do as FS types in later rounds that could be steals (along with the obvious Lorenzo Jerome and Josh Johnson)

ME: Fish Smithson, saw him vs. SDSU in 2015 opener. Want to see how he moves.
Justin Evans weigh-in
Eddie Jackson - Love me some Eddie Jackson, does he do anything due to injury?
Obi Melifonwu UConn, want to see the movement stuff with him due to being 6'-4"ish
John Johnson, movement stuff as well, part of me wants to see him remain under the radar, lol
Need to see more of Lorenzo Jerome, St. Francis.

Bonus me: Jabrill Peppers. Curious to see where he works out. I am hoping he does both LB and S drills. I want to see what he weighs in at and how fast does he run at that weight. Right now, to me, he is a SS that might develop into a LBer as his body matures just like my body matured from FS to OLB to ILB...

This is where I'm at going in ... and I'll watch every second of it (except the RB drills, can't bring myself to those yet).

Comments and questions welcome as always.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine Preview ... Questions that need answering.

alyoshamucci935February 21, 2017 10:20AM

Re: Blinkscout Combine Preview ..

leafnose311February 22, 2017 04:22AM

Figured this deserves a lengthy response

Flipper336473February 23, 2017 04:49AM

Re: Impressive

leafnose326February 24, 2017 05:53AM

Thanks.....and thank you

Flipper336287February 25, 2017 05:15AM

Re: Figured this deserves a lengthy response

alyoshamucci306February 24, 2017 12:32PM

Same schedule issues, just a different focus

Flipper336293February 25, 2017 05:31AM

Kiper; never attended combine, snubs, best position depth: TE (long)

leafnose287February 25, 2017 05:36AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

leafnose239February 25, 2017 05:50AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

Flipper336290February 26, 2017 05:19AM

Outstanding as always, i'll add my 2 cents here as well

Deadpool330February 26, 2017 10:32AM

Re: sleeper?

leafnose220February 27, 2017 06:26AM

yeah, not a sleeper, but

Deadpool343February 27, 2017 09:01AM