Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

February 26, 2017 05:19AM
leafnose
Kiper on the Clemson WR and the importance of his combine.
thought it intriguing that Williams could slide with a bad outing. BTW, word is that Corey Davis won't do the combine? minor concern, but this a kid you'd want to interview. smaller school. lot of tape, but again small school.

Peppers. swiss army knife on defense, gadget guy, or a man without a spot? some uncertainty with a very talented guy?

have to be surprised about the Mich OL not getting invited?
some thoughts that he may too small, not strong enough. is he a possible center? was playing OT. but he sure seemed well graded enough to warrant an invite?

I disagree with Kiper. I don't see how Williams can hurt himself at the combine. Not a guy that's expected to test fast for the position anyway. People that like him have to already know that he doesn't create much separation so how will testing hurt him? Even if he somehow jumps terribly, do people suddenly forget all his games and think he doesn't attack the ball and win in contested ball situations? The combine isn't the place to grade a player like Williams imo.

I feel like Davis is just missing an opportunity to help himself. He's the opposite of Williams, he obviously creates separation but could help if he tested well in the explosive drills...see if he has a little more 50/50 potential. Missing the combine won't hurt him though.

I never loved what Michigan did with Peppers. Just because I guy can potentially play a crazy amount of positions doesn't mean you SHOULD play him at a crazy amount of positions. He obviously has instincts for the game but I feel like moving him around so much made him process info a tick slow. His athleticism made up for it so he didn't get burned but I feel it prevented more big play/turnover opportunities. I'm in the camp that believes he will be a better pro because he will hopefully be allowed to focus on a smaller group of assignments and that will increase his processing speed.

I think Magnuson has starter potential and center is the first spot I'd try him. Worst case he seems like an ideal backup who could spot start everywhere except probably LT.

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing"
- Oscar Wilde

I demolish my bridges behind me - then there is no choice but forward.
- Fridtjof Nansen
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine Preview ... Questions that need answering.

alyoshamucci935February 21, 2017 10:20AM

Re: Blinkscout Combine Preview ..

leafnose311February 22, 2017 04:22AM

Figured this deserves a lengthy response

Flipper336473February 23, 2017 04:49AM

Re: Impressive

leafnose326February 24, 2017 05:53AM

Thanks.....and thank you

Flipper336287February 25, 2017 05:15AM

Re: Figured this deserves a lengthy response

alyoshamucci306February 24, 2017 12:32PM

Same schedule issues, just a different focus

Flipper336293February 25, 2017 05:31AM

Kiper; never attended combine, snubs, best position depth: TE (long)

leafnose287February 25, 2017 05:36AM

leafnose239February 25, 2017 05:50AM

Flipper336290February 26, 2017 05:19AM

Outstanding as always, i'll add my 2 cents here as well

Deadpool331February 26, 2017 10:32AM

Re: sleeper?

leafnose220February 27, 2017 06:26AM

yeah, not a sleeper, but

Deadpool343February 27, 2017 09:01AM