Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout Combine Preview ..

February 22, 2017 04:22AM
thanks for the preview.
why did they move the combine dates?

James Connor how healthy does he look?
Justin Davis ?
Here's a cat that shines, and then sort of vanishes. Injuries didn't help. I've seen him work the open field, and be an impact player, but he also looks like a plodder at times. He'll look fleet footed, and then can't seem to find a gear to shift too. They kind of platoon guys in the backfield of USC. Seems like a game plan type thing, and they'll work a back and then sprinkle others. Davis is good case of why the combine helps illustrate if a ball-handler has burst. Is he strong, quick at the cones, gonna turn in a sluggish 40? He's a taller guy, so maybe he's not a combine kid?

I'm sure there quite a few execs wondering about the health of a number of prospects.
I'm curious to see what Seth Russell can do. He'd have some real developmental work to do, but he flashed some talent at Baylor. Problem with Baylor, that we all know too well now, is they run a simple offense.

How do these players fare?
Darreus Rogers, up and comer on USC who may well have outplayed JuJu down the stretch
I am fan this kid. Appeared to be the number one WR, and then after injury was out of the game plan. agree he sure seemed to have outplayed his brethren at the end there. like Justin Davis, there might be some holes in his football game that I can't see. Sure shines when given a chance.

Ricky Seals-Jones ... Huge man with talent that has underwhelmed 6-5 230 and can move.
right?!! could be a star for all I know.

Mack Hollins and Bug Howard ... The two Tarheels who have been inconsistent but shown flashes ... and are both 6-4 and 220 ...
wasn't Bug one of the big stars? how far he fell

Amara Darboh this kid showed some real sparkle at times. and should be athletic. still top rated, but get a feeling he fall?

Josh Reynolds in the 4th.
kid sure sparked it when it meant something.

TE

Jake Butt drops to the 4th?
2nd ACL of that knee. Just a guess but think he's falling for sure.

CB

Rasul Douglas jump into round 1 as I think?
wow, Alyo......no sooner did you toss his name on the board, and he soared on the draft boards.
Tankersley may not light up the combine. But he might fit for Wade?
Some corners are going to fall. Is he one?
Kevin King? 3rd round?

S

Lorenzo Jerome and Josh Johnson
a guy like Jerome would be on Jeff Fisher's watch list? Fisher took Joyner and small school prospects like Trumaine. Where do Snead and Wade see the best hidden value in this draft, and will they surprise?

Comments and questions welcome as always.[/quote]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine Preview ... Questions that need answering.

alyoshamucci935February 21, 2017 10:20AM

Re: Blinkscout Combine Preview ..

leafnose311February 22, 2017 04:22AM

Figured this deserves a lengthy response

Flipper336473February 23, 2017 04:49AM

Re: Impressive

leafnose327February 24, 2017 05:53AM

Thanks.....and thank you

Flipper336287February 25, 2017 05:15AM

Re: Figured this deserves a lengthy response

alyoshamucci306February 24, 2017 12:32PM

Same schedule issues, just a different focus

Flipper336294February 25, 2017 05:31AM

Kiper; never attended combine, snubs, best position depth: TE (long)

leafnose287February 25, 2017 05:36AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

leafnose240February 25, 2017 05:50AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

Flipper336292February 26, 2017 05:19AM

Outstanding as always, i'll add my 2 cents here as well

Deadpool331February 26, 2017 10:32AM

Re: sleeper?

leafnose221February 27, 2017 06:26AM

yeah, not a sleeper, but

Deadpool343February 27, 2017 09:01AM